Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rinse Aid to Prevent Hard Water Spots

dieselscout80

Reaction score
With my truck being black it shows hard water spots if I wash it here at the house due to our well water.

Is there a rinse aid product that pre hard water spots when washing my truck?

RTillery

Reaction score
A customer of mine in a machine shop bought one of these because of the hard water problems he was having in his coolant sumps.
I was impressed and have terribly hard water at home so bought one for washing my vehicles and couldn't be happier. My TDS (total dissolved solids) were over 400! I wash as normal, fog using a spray wax, then rinse with the deionized water. Sometimes I'll blow dry with my leaf blower and towel dry but the water spot problems are almost non-existent. I also got the TDS meter and water coming out measures zero. I also quit buying black vehicles ;)

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
I use an RV water filter ahead of my hose and that seems to help. I still have to dry off the truck after that if I want it spot free. I use chemical guys products and keep a decent coat of wax on the truck too that helps.

Camco TastePURE Marine/RV Water Filter | Reduces Bad Taste, Odor, Chlorine, and Sediment with a 20-Micron Sediment Filter and is Ideal for RVs, Campers, Travel Trailers, Boats, and More | (40043) https://a.co/d/55LSbHq

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TW720HVY

Reaction score
A customer of mine in a machine shop bought one of these because of the hard water problems he was having in his coolant sumps.
I was impressed and have terribly hard water at home so bought one for washing my vehicles and couldn't be happier. My TDS (total dissolved solids) were over 400! I wash as normal, fog using a spray wax, then rinse with the deionized water. Sometimes I'll blow dry with my leaf blower and towel dry but the water spot problems are almost non-existent. I also got the TDS meter and water coming out measures zero. I also quit buying black vehicles ;)

I currently have that system as well, in fact I like most of their products.

We are getting a polished aluminum trailer and I will be adding this system, down stream of the Griot's. This setup has a TDS meter built in, and my hope is the Griot's will pre-treat the water before the next filter that will be used to catch anything that may have slipped past.

Trying to avoid the Texas sun/heat from ruining our polished trailer.

My doctor says I going great with combating my OCD, not sure if she's being truthful. ;)

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I use a double rv filter. it doesn't get rid of the minerals 100%, but enough to get it dry.

dieselscout80

Reaction score
I’m hoping to find a product that keeps me from having to dry my Ram as that’s a bunch of SQFT.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
What i do is use turtle wax ceramic spray wax, then for a bout 3 months the water beads up really well where after washing with a wash and wax i just use my Milwaukee leaf blower to blow the little bit of left over water off so i don't get any spots. You can also use the blower side of a shop vac if you don't have a leaf blower.

Icky

Reaction score
I bought my di system from these people after watching a few of their YouTube videos. Originally I bought it for my trailer, but now I use it on everything. Now, just about everyone sells them, so I don't know if they're better or worse then the competitors.

acng77

Reaction score
Rv mods has a good system, if you already have the cr spotless the conversion is good, otherwise just buy rv mods system, you only need to use it on a final rinse then there is no need to dry the car at all, there will be no spots. Places in the country that use ground water are notorious for hard water like 400 tds, even about 20 tds there will be spots just less, the DI systems drop it to zero so no spots

Arvid

Reaction score
I’ve used dishwasher rinse aid mixed with the rinse water

soaped22

Reaction score
I use the Griot's system posted above regularly w/ water around 250-300 TDS. I only use it for soap and a final rinse, and it generally lasts me around 6 months per refill. It saves so much time as you don't have to worry about drying in the sun and getting hard water spots.

TW720HVY

Reaction score
I bought my di system from these people after watching a few of their YouTube videos. Originally I bought it for my trailer, but now I use it on everything. Now, just about everyone sells them, so I don't know if they're better or worse then the competitors.

Thank yo for this link, I needed replacement parts and the local plumbing supplier didn't have what I needed.

Users who are viewing this thread