Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rhino lining.....now swimming pool

22horn

Reaction score
Brand new 2500 crew cab.....dealer sent out for rhino lining.....first heavy rain, 5" of water sloshing around......can they be that stupid as to plugging up the drain holes?

mcarey

Reaction score
Brand new 2500 crew cab.....dealer sent out for rhino lining.....first heavy rain, 5" of water sloshing around......can they be that stupid as to plugging up the drain holes?

Lol, you're the only one who can answer that question.

jetrinka

Reaction score
One forward drain hole in the center/front of the bed. The back just drains past the tailgate. Easy fix with a small screwdriver to make a hole and a razor to remove all the excess bed liner.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
There are 3 oppenings in the front of the bed they are also very useless i had to drill a couple of holes for drainage as the front grooves would fill with sand and saw dust all the time…

jetrinka

Reaction score
Are they holes or just space between sheet metal seams? I don’t see anything remotely like holes in the corners of my bed. It has the factory bedliner. Just the centered front drain

mcarey

Reaction score
Are they holes or just space between sheet metal seams? I don’t see anything remotely like holes in the corners of my bed. It has the factory bedliner. Just the centered front drain
If I recall correctly, not going outside to check, they are triangular (or something alone those lines) holes between the bed and the walls of the box. One in each corner.

jetrinka

Reaction score
Hmmmm. Now I feel the need to go excavating in my bedliner

22horn

Reaction score
Would appreciate if any could provide pics of the locations on a 2022

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
They are just gaps at the seam if it didnt have my tool box in i would snap a picture

Thisnthat

Reaction score
this is a basic rhino lining that is about a month old....2022 DRW...two corners and the middle drain

on my 2016 i just kept a screwdriver handy to clean out the driver's side corner as like others have said, dirt and stuff can clog up the drains pretty easily...don't remember the 2016 having a drain in the middle

20220529_162533.jpg

22horn

Reaction score
this is a basic rhino lining that is about a month old....2022 DRW...two corners and the middle drain

on my 2016 i just kept a screwdriver handy to clean out the driver's side corner as like others have said, dirt and stuff can clog up the drains pretty easily...don't remember the 2016 having a drain in the middle

View attachment 38656
Thanks!

Bricknhank

Reaction score
So your tailgate fits that tight that your bed will hold 5” of water?

Bricknhank

Reaction score
Unless the truck is leveled you can have 5” at the front of the bed easy
OK then. I’m not sure what length the truck is but 5” out of level (and water is the perfect level) in the length of the bed translates to the truck body being quite a bit out of level in relation to the frame in the total length of the truck, in my mind anyway. I can only go by my current 1500 Crew cab and there’s no way water could be anywhere near that deep in the front of the bed. That is if it didn’t drain of course, which mine does. I have the factory bed liner. RAM is probably more careful about blocking the drains. I’m really interested to see how my 2500 looks when it arrives. Also, I did a bed liner delete because the dealer told me that that would delay the order. I’ve been told on this forum that was BS. So making sure that the drains aren’t blocked when I do have a liner installed is something for me to keep in kind.

Users who are viewing this thread