Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reset OBDII Monitor

Diesel Pusher

Reaction score
OK Ram experts I NEED your HELP, so I am reaching out. Does anyone have experience resetting your OBDII monitor? I have to clear the monitor of all codes to smog it prior to getting my registration renewal. Codes I get are DPF & HCC (emissions). My battery was disconnected by the dealer to replace a transmission pump that went bad on my 68RFE. Yes, I have been having Issues on a brand new 2021 Dodge Ram Big Horn. It only has 10600 miles now. After the fix on the transmission (Under Warranty by the dealer), I get those codes. I have driven over 1100 miles and still no reset. Dealership tells me to keep driving it. That doesn't make sense after 1100 miles of driving. Although the manual (Pg 139) just says to drive it. Is there a certain Drive pattern to drive? What is enough miles? I need answers ASAP. I am totally frustrated with the issues I have been having to deal with. Thanks

flan

Reaction score
I have not had to deal with this, but I have read others on here have to out California way. It did seem like a bunch of drive cycles and miles were needed to make everything jive.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
My understanding is that drive cycles are more important than miles. Fully cooled to operating temp and back to fully cooled.

Diesel Pusher

Reaction score
My understanding is that drive cycles are more important than miles. Fully cooled to operating temp and back to fully cooled.
Understood. Do you know what the correct Drive Cycle would be on the 2021 Dodge Rams to clear the Emissions Monitors? Or where can I find that info? You would think the dealership does, but they don't. My dealership has reached out to the Mfg. It's Crazy !!

Users who are viewing this thread