Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Researching wheels/tires 2020 CCSB CTD

southern_yank

Reaction score
So like everyone else does, I'm spending weeks researching different wheel, tire, and suspension combos. Hoping to get some input from other owners.

I don't tow but maybe 6 times a year, and it's bumper pull 7-8k max. May have a few more this year due to hauling material in a dump trailer for stone and mulch.

I drive approximately 2500 miles a month, give or take. I take the truck off-road occasionally, mostly fire service roads through national forests. No rock crawling or anything terribly rough.

I like an aggressive look tire that has a decent tread wear to it.

Truck is a 2020 crew cab short bed diesel with off-road package. I've got 305/70/18 chinese mudders on it with no lift or level. Don't knock me, I got two of them free oh and they are 100% better than the "slide in the rain, spin on dry grass, wear like garbage" transforce tires.

What I am leaning towards is this:
Rough country spacer kit 2.5F 1R with the shocks
Vision 111 nemesis 17x9 -12 offset
Federal Couragia 37x12.5x17 E rated 10 ply

Price is something I am keeping in mind, as I am trying to stay within a certain budget. But for my proposed uses, I can't justify a Carli pin top and true bead locks. I'm not upset with the current ride quality, so I'm not seeing advantages to changing springs either.

What says the community?

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MooneyFWD

Reaction score
You’re gonna be trimming and grinding the pinch weld significantly with the proposed setup. To run 37’s with minimal trimming you need close to +18 offset.

southern_yank

Reaction score
You’re gonna be trimming and grinding the pinch weld significantly with the proposed setup. To run 37’s with minimal trimming you need close to +18 offset.
Well, that does put a damper into things. I was finally starting to settle on those visions as I think the grey and black would look good against the delmonico red....

If rather not have to cut/grind the metal. Plastic isn't a huge deal.

Guess I'll start looking back at AEV or the custom Methods from CJC. From my research, both of those will handle 37's with minimal plastic trimming.

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk

406Linetrash

Reaction score
I have some +12's with a 2.5 level and seem to be clearing 35's by a mile. Will 37's fit or will I still be trimming?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I have some +12's with a 2.5 level and seem to be clearing 35's by a mile. Will 37's fit or will I still be trimming?
Depends on how true to 37” they tires are as most run small same with 35s

MooneyFWD

Reaction score
Here’s a couple vids by CJC on the topic.

Edit: I see you referenced their Methods, so you’re already on the right track!

Users who are viewing this thread