Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Researching new wheels for my 2020 RAM 3500 dually

RV_Goose

Reaction score
My 2020 RAM 3500 dually came with the steel wheels and the chrome plastic covers. I am consider replacing the stock steel wheels with aftermarket rims. So I am searching for a set of 7 wheels that will handle what my 3500 is rated for as well as looking good.

I do not have any idea what the specs are on my stock wheels. I am not looking for larger tires on my 17 inch rims.

I have found many optionsfor the SRW 3500s, but not so much for DRW.

boatdude1

Reaction score
My 2020 RAM 3500 dually came with the steel wheels and the chrome plastic covers. I am consider replacing the stock steel wheels with aftermarket rims. So I am searching for a set of 7 wheels that will handle what my 3500 is rated for as well as looking good.

I do not have any idea what the specs are on my stock wheels. I am not looking for larger tires on my 17 inch rims.

I have found many optionsfor the SRW 3500s, but not so much for DRW.
I just sold my 2019 3500 DRW. Just something to think about.... once you change your wheels you cannot rotate them. The tires have to be removed from the wheels and rotated. These trucks tear up front tires quickly and need rotation. If I did it over I would not change the wheels. I put Alcoas on mine.

OuachitaAdventure

Reaction score
I just sold my 2019 3500 DRW. Just something to think about.... once you change your wheels you cannot rotate them. The tires have to be removed from the wheels and rotated. These trucks tear up front tires quickly and need rotation. If I did it over I would not change the wheels. I put Alcoas on mine.
I just had mine rotated because of the front tires wearing so much. rears were great; fronts wear fast.

RV_Goose

Reaction score
Well, I was kinda hoping I could get 6 wheels and that they would rotate the same as my steel wheels.

boatdude1

Reaction score
Well, I was kinda hoping I could get 6 wheels and that they would rotate the same as my steel wheels.
That is what I did. The centers on the rears got torn up where they rub together and the center caps do not cover that whole area. Looked like crap in a few thousand miles and I could not rotate them like I hoped. Good luck and I hope you find a good solution.

OuachitaAdventure

Reaction score
I think Alcoa makes a 19.5 that you can rotate that way, but that may not be a direction you want to go.

RV_Goose

Reaction score
That is what I did. The centers on the rears got torn up where they rub together and the center caps do not cover that whole area. Looked like crap in a few thousand miles and I could not rotate them like I hoped. Good luck and I hope you find a good solution.
Okay....scrap that idea. I stick to stock.

Duke Silver

Reaction score
I was reading the manual for my 21 DRW today, and it said to keep all the tires in the same position, just swap sides. So swap the two fronts, swap the two inside rears, and swap the two outside rears. It said it had with the TPMS.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I was reading the manual for my 21 DRW today, and it said to keep all the tires in the same position, just swap sides. So swap the two fronts, swap the two inside rears, and swap the two outside rears. It said it had with the TPMS.
At that point the rotation is useless and a waste of time

RV_Goose

Reaction score
Same for my 2020 manual. Yet the dealerhsip said they commonly rotate the duallys.

BAT3500

Reaction score
I am guessing dually's with the nice black rims are truely screwed in regards to tire rotation without swapping tires on the rims.

boatdude1

Reaction score
From my dually experience. Yes, no way to do it without taking the tires off the wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread