Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing tailgate questions

BigNorm4Life

Reaction score
Hey guys.. Just bought a loaded 2019 Power Wagon Level 2 with only 16,277 on the dash from New Hampshire. drove her back to Pennsylvania last night

I would say the truck is 90% mint.... there's a great deal of surface rust.. they salt the NH roads pretty good up there and I'm looking for a professional in Pennsylvania that can clean it up and treat everything. I just don't have the time to do it myself. the other thing is the tailgate is a bit worn and needs to be replaced. Great thing about buying a White truck... I have some real inexpensive options to replacing it but I wanted to confirm with the resident forum experts on buying a new one from Mopar

Link 1 has one direct from Mopar.. is the the correct part number? because from what I understand.. there's 2 versions of the tailgate. 1 with the Indent for the ram logo and one for the higher end models for the "R-A-M" logos, and is the tailgate from Mopar painted white or is it primer?

Link 2 looks like a painted direct replacement for what I need.. I just need to transfer the everything from the old one right?

Last edited:

jbncccb

Reaction score
The tailgates are a bare shell just in case you didn't know. But you should be able to reuse all the original mechanical parts.
I just replaced one on a 2500 and the cost was $1900 which included painting and reusing the mechanical parts.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

BigNorm4Life

Reaction score
The tailgates are a bare shell just in case you didn't know. But you should be able to reuse all the original mechanical parts.
I just replaced one on a 2500 and the cost was $1900 which included painting and reusing the mechanical parts.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

So yeah that’s what I was trying to find out… are tailgates OEM white or Primer White?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
So yeah that’s what I was trying to find out… are tailgates OEM white or Primer White?
When you buy a brand new tailgate from a mopar parts supplier, it will be dark gray primed.
The one in your link, someone bought it brand new, then had it painted white (PW7).
I believe all the tailgates are the same from 2014+
No, they are not.

Users who are viewing this thread