Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote Start - Shifting from PARK Problems

T Wood

Reaction score
New to forum. Just got a 2020 ram 2500 Longhorn Laramie with the 6.7 Cummings and the 68RFE.

When I remote start the truck, it sometimes will not shift out of Park. Just flashes at me. I am hesitant to pull too hard on the shifter. Also, I always use the parking brake.

If you shut the truck off and crank it back up there are no problems.

Is there something I am missing here?

Thanks.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
After you enter the truck, you are stepping on the brake and pressing the start button? Everything should light up when you do. Maybe that button press isn't registering every time?

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
If you remote start you don't even need to press on the brake. Just have to press the button if the fob is in the cab with you.

Sometimes I forget and it will flash at me too while I wonder WTF. Probably because the radio comes on with remote start for some reason and makes you think everything is already live at 5 and ready to go. In GM land where I came from everything is dead until you fully switch on. This RAM however insists that anytime its fired up it needs to immediately broadcast sound out of the speakers.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
everytime I get in truck after a remote start, i always forget and do my regular thing foot on brake and pull down shift column and nothing, you think I'd learn but nope. Gotta hit the start button while holding brake after a remote start , feels weird because its already running but that's the way they do it

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Just need to press the button. No need to press brake.
Good to know, I'll try that next time. My brain will probably still do the opposite though, hit brake and pull shifter column and nothing, I do it every dag gum time:mad: add & dyslexia don't mix for retraining yourself:D

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
If you remote start you don't even need to press on the brake. Just have to press the button if the fob is in the cab with you.

Sometimes I forget and it will flash at me too while I wonder WTF. Probably because the radio comes on with remote start for some reason and makes you think everything is already live at 5 and ready to go. In GM land where I came from everything is dead until you fully switch on. This RAM however insists that anytime its fired up it needs to immediately broadcast sound out of the speakers.

IDNKT!

The EVIC does not fully light up until you press the start button.

Users who are viewing this thread