Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote start feature, does is require "connected services"

SargeW

Reaction score
I have been trying to discern if the remote start feature on my 2023 Laramie requires the connected option to function, or is it just for "long distance" operation? They are offering me an "extended trial period" but do I need to buy into it monthly or is it not necessary? What have others done? The U Connect manual is thick, but not simple to navigate. Thanks for your help.

waveslayer

Reaction score
My 2022 doesn't. But you can't unlock the truck unless you have the key with you. Makes no sense

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
No, connected services are not required for remote start with the key fob. They are required for remote start with the app.

My 2022 doesn't. But you can't unlock the truck unless you have the key with you. Makes no sense

What do you mean? Can’t unlock the truck with the app without the key?

waveslayer

Reaction score
No, connected services are not required for remote start with the key fob. They are required for remote start with the app.

What do you mean? Can’t unlock the truck with the app without the key?
With the last update, of you leave the key in the truck and use the app.. if you start the truck using the app, it won't let you unlock the truck... you have to firm the truck off to use the app to unlock the doors. I called after this happening and being locked out of my truck while it was left running for 15 minutes... just as dumb as the 3 honks when the truck is left running

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
That’s because the key overrides the app and the truck thinks you’re in it and someone else is trying to unlock the truck with the app. It’s a “safety” feature.

waveslayer

Reaction score
That’s because the key overrides the app and the truck thinks you’re in it and someone else is trying to unlock the truck with the app. It’s a “safety” feature.
Yep, but it didn't do it before and is a dumb feature, especially when I'm at the beach and want to cool my truck down before getting into it. I don't take my key with me... safety features from some kooks stealing my truck

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Getting a RFID pouch may be an easy fix.

Users who are viewing this thread