Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlexcumminsH.O

Reaction score
Hello I hope you can help me, I have a Ram Laramie 3500 High Output year 2022, I have a year with my truck, and it's doing regen almost every day, I have 9,450 miles on my truck, I use this truck every day to go to work, about 40 miles back and forth, I noticed a lot of people with this year of ram diesel trucks have the same problem with the regen, can you explain what is going on?? I just took it to the dealer for a engine light check and it was a code P-2459 they cleared and said everything is good but the truck is still doing regen every other day.

flan

Reaction score
Original air filter? Wrong one seems to be a big culprit. Boost leaks as well. Other than that the 2022 seem to be a nightmare with your particular situation. With no solid fix.

Firebird

Reaction score
My 2021 wasn't much better, sadly, because of that, I went back to gas

scdo

Reaction score
I have the same problem… although I don’t really know when the regen is happening since it doesn’t show any alert on the new digital cluster! My check engine light just came back on yesterday. Does not seem normal at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlexcumminsH.O

Reaction score
I have the same problem… although I don’t really know when the regen is happening since it doesn’t show any alert on the new digital cluster! My check engine light just came back on yesterday. Does not seem normal at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How long you been having problems with the regeneration?

AlexcumminsH.O

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I know this is a old story but I have a 2022 ram 3500, 15,000 miles on it, and it's doing regen every 100 miles, goes on regen for 30 miles and finish, then another 100 miles and regen again, it's a exactly cycle, on December my engine light came on I took it to the dealer they fix the recall for the emissions part, turn off the engine light but the truck still doing the regen cycle, on January engine light came on again but I don't took it to the dealer, after 5 or 6 regen cycles engine light went off, since December its been doing this engine thing, on and off maybe every month, somebody know if this problem have a solution already??? I really don't know what to do, I'm not able to trade in my truck

Units

Reaction score
Did you get the sensor recall? If I’m not mistaken there is a reflash that is supposed to be done.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
See the other multiple posts- right now it is a mystery. I believe it’s a poor design of the emissions equipment, software issue likely exaggerated by short, no load trips with the truck.

downsc123

Reaction score
If you are regening that much for that long, you really should check your oil level and sample it for fuel dilution. I get about 200 miles between regens (when not towing) and my fuel dilution in the oil gets to the critical level in under 5000 miles (last sample was at 5000 miles and I was at 7.7% - max limit is 5%). Getting a sample will also help you get the dealer to dig deeper.

Users who are viewing this thread