Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Regen every 100+\- miles

Mfhickman

Reaction score
I’ve seen a lot of posts on here about this same issue but not really seeing what was done to solve the issue. Can anyone confirm what was done to solve their issue. Dealer has had the truck 3 times now. They changed a temp sensor and cleaned the EGR valve (found a bunch of soot built up around it)

flan

Reaction score
Really no single reason. Some can be;

Bad exhaust backpressure pressure sensor
Dirty/wrong air filter
Boost leak
Engine burning oil
Defective dpf
Dpf differential pressure sensors
Excessive idle time
Wiring along the way to and fro all these fancy sensors
Simply not getting the truck on enough long drives to complete a active regen.

These trucks (any modern diesel) do not make good grocery getters, that’s a fact.

kennelpj

Reaction score
What's your driving look like? All city/short trips? Are you strictly hwy and towing? How you uses your truck will have a major effect on your DPF and regen cycle.

Mfhickman

Reaction score
What's your driving look like? All city/short trips? Are you strictly hwy and towing? How you uses your truck will have a major effect on your DPF and regen cycle.
55 mile to work and 55 home Monday through Thursday Friday and Saturday usually have my tractor hooked to it. But I will say this is my first Ram but not my first diesel I’ve had multiple of the other two major brands and never had an issue like this. I’ve owned this truck about a month and it’s been in my possession 10 days.

Users who are viewing this thread