Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Regen at 0 DPF?

Hbrand1

Reaction score
Hi there. I have a 2020 3500 dually with 70k miles. Today after towing 280 miles through Montana the truck decided to go into regen. No big deal except the dpf sensor on the dash shows 0% when put in park. The DP sensor was replaced around 10-15k miles ago. Anyone ever run into this before?

flan

Reaction score
Hi there. I have a 2020 3500 dually with 70k miles. Today after towing 280 miles through Montana the truck decided to go into regen. No big deal except the dpf sensor on the dash shows 0% when put in park. The DP sensor was replaced around 10-15k miles ago. Anyone ever run into this before?
Yep, just about every time my truck goes into regen, my gauge is at 0%. It will regen every 24hrs of engine operation weather the gauge says it needs it or not.

Harty77

Reaction score
I have a 2020 2500 I just bought the truck two months ago and the light came on Dpf filter full power reduced must see dealer my old truck never had these emissions so I don’t know what’s going on the truck never tried to regen or nothing

Hbrand1

Reaction score
Yep, just about every time my truck goes into regen, my gauge is at 0%. It will regen every 24hrs of engine operation weather the gauge says it needs it or not.
Thanks! Perhaps I am a little paranoid

Emptycreel

Reaction score
I have a 2020 2500 I just bought the truck two months ago and the light came on Dpf filter full power reduced must see dealer my old truck never had these emissions so I don’t know what’s going on the truck never tried to regen or nothing
I had the same thing happen. Tech ultimately figured out there is a service bulletin and computer update that needs to be installed. That did the trick.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Active (automatic) Regeneration cycles are programmed into the ECM to trigger anytime the DPF gauge on the instrument cluster reaches 50%, OR every 24 hours of engine run time. Whichever scenario happens first. The cycles usually last about 20 minutes on the highway. Once a cycle is finished, the 24 hour timer resets regardless of wether it was triggered by soot load or by time.

Without any additional information about how frequently your truck goes into a regeneration cycle, it doesn’t sound like there’s anything wrong. It’s perfectly normal for a truck to run that cycle even with the gauge at zero percent. What you witnessed was probably a regeneration cycle based on your engine hours not soot loading.

Firebird

Reaction score
Probably your pre-set 24 hour regen cycle activated

Users who are viewing this thread