Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RECALL WARNING. READ THIS ASAP!!!

U

User_3066

you would have other symptoms of underboost before a turbo just let go, outside of a full throttle / track type use case.

I’m really curious now to see what Ram finds out as the cause of my underboost. I definitely didn’t notice anything until moments before it happened so there was nothing to leading up to it. I felt a small surge of power loss then about 2 minutes later the episode happened. That I did notice, but prior to this; nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U

User_3066

you would have other symptoms of underboost before a turbo just let go, outside of a full throttle / track type use case.

I was online inquiring the cause of underboost and found some things. I just wanted to see if tires were a cause.

U

User_3066

I would say there is NO WAY tires would cause anything remotely like your issue. The electronic turbo actuators are quite troublesome, though.

That’s all I needed to hear. I just thought it was strange I put the 37’s on exactly a week later my turbo under boosts. No worries then, I’ll let my warranty pay for the repairs I just want my damn truck back. I miss it

U

User_3066

Thank you gentleman
[mention]1HasBeen [/mention] [mention]elephantrider [/mention]

U

User_3066

Hope they get your truck fixed and back to you as soon as possible

Thanks mate, I’m hoping they start on it tomorrow after the holiday. This V6 Charger they’ve got me in is too low to the ground for my liking.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
About 7 months ago I had a recall for an engine recalibration
224cdbb12af3f61e750eb55fe081a5a2.png

They told me they didn’t have the parts but they’d let me know when they come in. Recently I received the notification that the parts were available. I went to the dealership and was told they only had a certain amount of parts and are replacing the parts on the trucks still in the lots first. Like okay so **** the people who already bought trucks though right?

So today I was driving on the freeway at 74mph and my check engine light comes on. I call the service manager and asked what they did to my truck (jokingly of course) when a loud explosion comes from under my hood and starts to pour smoke.

Long story short, my turbocharger failed and exploded under my hood doing who knows what damages. They’re still diagnosing so it’s too soon to tell but the lead diesel techs aids he has NEVER seen a turbo go this soon on one of these trucks. He said it’s a very BIG possibility this recall caused it. $85,995 gone!

SO;
Any recommendations on my new 2020 Ram to get (Features, Trim, etc?) lol

I am so sorry to see this! If you'd like us to escalate a case for an extra layer of assistance while your truck is in the dealer, please feel free to send us a PM with your VIN.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

that's a crazy story. i've been around gas and diesel turbos for years, and they don't just go boom. interested to hear the findings from the dealer.

as far as the trans recall and lack of parts... i scheduled the recall back in feb, if i remember. the dealer said they had "plenty" of parts, that they'd
take care of it when i took it in for fluid and filter change. walk into the service dept. and asked if parts were available. service writer looked at me
like i had 3 heads, saying there was an upcoming recall on the recall parts, and he had no idea when they'd be available. then you read on the forums
all of these guys getting the recall done. i tried one more time, then gave up. zero faith in the dealer network or fca. glad i can do my own r&r at
in a full shop, vs getting the run around by these guys.

good luck with getting it all taken care of.

We can set up the recall appointment for you as there are plenty of parts. Send us a PM with your VIN and dealer name to get started.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

Marshfly

Reaction score
Do you have any updates on this? This failure is one I'd like to stay informed about.

Huskerz1

Reaction score
Do you have any updates on this? This failure is one I'd like to stay informed about.

I want to say I've read something similar to this and it was the oil line to the turbo that was pinched off.

Users who are viewing this thread