Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RECALL: Ram Recalls Almost 340,700 Cummins-Powered Heavy Dutys

Reaction score
Has there been any update to the availability of the grid heater recall or further communication from Ram? I ordered my Ram on the 13th Sept 2022, it was delivered into Portland Oregon on the 12th Feb 2023! It’s STILL sitting on the dealers lot and can’t be released due to the recall. Together with the omission of the 12” digit cluster on my order, this is the straw that’s breaking the camels back for me with this company! To stay I’m a little more than annoyed at Stellantis is a huge under statement!. What makes it worse is that we sold my wife’s car on the 14th Feb as we were told our pick up would be delivered by the 20th Feb!!!! If Ram Cares really cared, there would be more communication on the status of the availability of the parts, and some sort of compensation for the continued delays and omissions on the specs as advertised!
It’s running they won’t release your vehicles, but I’m able to purchase one off the lot with a Vin up for recall

twister2507

Reaction score
My dealer will not even let you drive one off the lot for a test drive.

rbram

Reaction score
I custom ordered a 2022 ram back in Mar 2022. It was built in 3 months and then sat for 8 months waiting to ship( found out it had a stop sale recall on it from Ram). I canceled it and we ordered a 2023 in NOV 22. It was built and shipped to dealer in MAR 23 and has a stop sale recall on it...... really fed up with Ram. I have owned 2 1500's and 3 2500's and sold my last 2500 anticipating this one. What a $hit show. I'm seeing other dealers with the same spec'd out truck i ordered with no recalled part on them. How do you ship out a sold truck with a recalled part and then have no priorty to get a new part out to the dealer......just ranting bc Ram will not do anything. 1month so far sitting at the dealers.

twister2507

Reaction score
I think that Ram should discount the price of the trucks that people are waiting on. They need to get their act together and show some consideration to loyal customer's before they loose them to another company. I have been waiting on the truck I put money down on for about 2 months I'm really getting tired of waiting. As far as "Ram Cares" they are not showing it to the customers they only care about the bottom line (money in their pocket) not how much an inconvenience it causes the working man who need the truck to make a living

Ronstar

Reaction score
I was notified by dealership that my ‘23 should arrive this weekend (ETA was marked Apr 11). Service Dept was notified how to order the parts needed but no parts available at “this time”. If thats true how are they building and releasing ‘23s built after early February???
Going over to the dealership this morning and see if truck has been delivered……
Like most everyone else we have plans that the truck is needed for and if it sits all damn Spring I may bail and its their problem. I mean how hard is it to ship out parts for trucks they have on the lots? Only need 3 then order and ship 3 geez…..

twister2507

Reaction score
I know what you mean I looked up the manfactur date and it was in October of 22 the dealership told me that Ram extended the 22 model year ( I think it was because of this problem) it is amazing what one number makes for getting parts to repair a problem.
I figure the 24 model year will be out before the 22's get repaired.

Ronstar

Reaction score
Update! Drove over to dealership on a whim and truck was parked in the side lot. I was able to match the VIN to my info so at least its here!!!!!

Attachments

• DCF7F84C-4315-4D88-B1B4-50D94E5969F3.jpeg
    DCF7F84C-4315-4D88-B1B4-50D94E5969F3.jpeg
    629.7 KB · Views: 48

mountainears

Reaction score
Well hopefully they can get the relay soon so you can drive it home. Good news for you is they are doing the 23’s first it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimKIII

Reaction score
Update! Drove over to dealership on a whim and truck was parked in the side lot. I was able to match the VIN to my info so at least its here!!!!!
Sooo close, yet sooo far.

Ronstar

Reaction score
Salesman called to tell me the repair parts for the recall just came in!!!! I should be in it possibly by Friday!!!!

Reaction score
Got the 13A recall done yesterday on my 2022 Bighorn. The relay part number they installed is 68606435 AB. Service manager said there is an update to the relay recall and this part replaced the OEM number 68444169AB. Recall 13A presently reads for 2023 models, Part number CSTP13A1AA is the new relay and for 2022 models no parts are available.?
Can any of you guys please verify if any or part of this information is valid?
Thanks,
Mitch

Attachments

• PXL_20230411_165706053.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230411_165706053.MP.jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 47

Users who are viewing this thread