Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recall question.

Bocephus

Reaction score
Does anyone kno for sure if, my ram cp4 goes out and junks injectors and lines, I drag my truck to dealer and it’s emissions are deleted and it’s got dyed off road fuel, will my pump and entire fuel System get replaced because of the recall? Will they change my pump and make me pay for the rest myself, or refuse to do anything. Not really looking for guesses here. Maybe dealer employee feedback

AEV_CUMMINS

Reaction score
Not really sure what you expect for an answer on this as even getting a non-deleted truck to be warrantable in case of a cp4 failure is still a case by case scenario. I don't think you will be able to get an honest ''forsure'' response that would truly hold water. Delete your truck and get the new CP3 put in by someone else and send Ram the bill as many have done and they will send you the full amount as a reimbursement. No hassles or worries with the dealer then.

Bocephus

Reaction score
This falls under safety recall now and not warranty. That’s why I’m asking

Lumpskie

Reaction score
I'd do what @AEV_CUMMINS said. Ram is reimbursing for the Y78 recall
Here's what Mopar.com says:
"
Owners may visit www.fcarecallreimbursement.com to submit your reimbursement request online. You can also mail your original receipts and proof of payment to the following mailing address:

FCA US LLC Customer Assistance
P.O.Box 21-8004, Auburn Hills, MI 48321-8007
ATTN: Recall Reimbursement

"

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Does anyone kno for sure if, my ram cp4 goes out and junks injectors and lines, I drag my truck to dealer and it’s emissions are deleted and it’s got dyed off road fuel, will my pump and entire fuel System get replaced because of the recall? Will they change my pump and make me pay for the rest myself, or refuse to do anything. Not really looking for guesses here. Maybe dealer employee feedback
That really depends on the dealer some dealers are great and have no issues with delete/ tunes and some are anal and may even report you for running a on road vehicle on dyed fuel

Users who are viewing this thread