Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recall B2A (Malfunctioning SCCM) Major Problem!

Jettman

Reaction score
My local dealership service manager and general manager told me they are prohibited from ordering a replacement SCCM unless the vehicle specifically shows a malfunction during the recall procedures. Any malfunctions they observed prior to or after the do NOT provide authorization to replace the SCCM.

My 2023 2500 has experienced the B2A recall related problems since new. The dealership has not been able to duplicate the problem until 12/13/23 when a service technician came out to the parking lot and observed the flash-to-pass function activate the left turn signals. He reported those findings to the service manager. However, two days later, when I took the truck in for the recall, they said the SCCM checked out OK and they couldn't replace it. A few days later, my truck experienced the same problems again. When I called to make a follow-up appointment, the service manager said he couldn't do anything because the recall procedures had been performed and the software flashed.

Has anyone else experienced a similar situation? If the recall procedures can't identify intermittently malfunctioning SCCMs, we're no closer to getting them replaced than we were before the recall.

Jettman

Reaction score
Update to my original post. I found this statement in the 30 page instructions the dealerships use to perform the recall. ""Parts Information: All parts MUST be ordered through the STAR center, once approved. ONLY IF AND AFTER this Service Procedure directs you to "Replace the SCCM", submit a STAR case""

This restriction definitely puts those of us who have long standing left turn signal/high beam headlight problems in an impossible situation if our vehicles somehow pass the recall procedures.

Users who are viewing this thread