Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RECALL: 370,437 Ram Heavy Duty Trucks & Dodge Durango Models For ABS Software Issue!

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

RECALL: 370,437 Ram Heavy Duty Trucks & Dodge Durango Models For ABS Software Issue!​

Simple Software Update Will Resolve The Issue...​

2022-Ram-2500-Limited-Longhorn-Mega-Cab-4x4.-Ram..jpg

Stellantis (FCA US, LLC) is recalling 370,437 vehicles for an ABS control module software issue. The recall involves 2019 to 2022 Ram 2500, 2019 to 2022 Ram 3500 Chassis Cab with GVWR under 10K lbs., and the 2021 to 2022 Dodge Durango.

According to the recall notice posted to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) website, those vehicles affected by the recall may be equipped with Antilock Brake System (ABS) software that prevents the Electronic Stability Control (ESC) telltale lamp from properly displaying under certain conditions. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 126, “Electronic Stability Control Systems.”

johnnyjb

Reaction score
Any idea when they will release the software update. I was trying to buy one but the dealer is thinking they can't sell untill they do the recall work but dont know when they will have the fix.

flan

Reaction score
Got my recall notice in the app too. Not to worried about this one…. You can bet if the traction control warning light is supposed to be coming on my eyes are on the road not the cluster…
My thoughts exactly. Who caught this blooper is what I want to know haha!

ClawSS

Reaction score
Got my recall notice in the app too. Not to worried about this one…. You can bet if the traction control warning light is supposed to be coming on my eyes are on the road not the cluster…
I think (based on how I read it) the issue is that the MIL under certain conditions will NOT signal that you have a "degraded" ESC system. It isn't that you are already in a situation, but that if you are expecting the ESC to save your a$$, well without the update, you'd never know it was "degraded" prior to the new situation and not functioning (under certain circumstances). "Unexpected" performance loss.

UglyViking

Reaction score
Say what you will about the specific recalls, but I don't know if I was ready for the sheer amount of them. I always heard the stories about dodge/fca quality, but holy smokes.

flan

Reaction score
Say what you will about the specific recalls, but I don't know if I was ready for the sheer amount of them. I always heard the stories about dodge/fca quality, but holy smokes.
BELIEVE ME, no brand is exempt. This is a common occurrence at the Flan household. (Yes, the wife drives a explorer)

9A9A61B9-9FFB-40B2-A4E2-1572AF8863CF.jpeg

wolfpack

Reaction score
Doesn’t seem like you need to trip all over your junk to get this one done.

I‘d prefer they fix the buggy as crap UConnect on the 2022 2500 than a stupid light that tells me my pickup might get sideways in a snowstorm when I’ve known that since I could breathe.

DougB

Reaction score
Doesn’t seem like you need to trip all over your junk to get this one done.

I‘d prefer they fix the buggy as crap UConnect on the 2022 2500 than a stupid light that tells me my pickup might get sideways in a snowstorm when I’ve known that since I could breathe.
I’ll get this done when they finally get whatever sensor is missing from the DPF system.

Toyotaguy

Reaction score
Am I going to have to go through all my Alfa OBD setting after this recall is preformed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Send2joey

Reaction score
Got the ABS update Friday morning. Dropped the truck, went to breakfast with the wife, and picked up on the way back, too easy.

jadmt

Reaction score
Got the ABS update Friday morning. Dropped the truck, went to breakfast with the wife, and picked up on the way back, too easy.
My great dealer said parts are on backorder. I told them no parts are needed and they said I was wrong…..oh well.

DebH

Reaction score
I picked up my custom ordered 2500 last Tuesday and it had already been updated. Simple software fix.

sanda

Reaction score
If the recalls roll in like they did on my 2014 I will just wait until I have a stack of them and have them all done on one appt.

Dasmoetorhead

Reaction score
Just had the abs recall done. 45 min ans I was back in the truck driving home. No action required and or parts needed.

996Pilot

Reaction score
What does this recall have to do with build quality? It's one of those government SNAFUs with software programming in order to "keep you safe". BTW we get just as many recalls on our Lexus as we get from FCA. 90% of the recalls are for things/systems that are government mandated to "keep you safe" or to "keep you green". Now I admit that the Ford recall for exploding gas tanks (on old Pintos) is a beneficial "safety recall". As was the exploding airbags (manufactured by Takata in Japan) recall across all the platforms.

Some recalls are beneficial to the owner as the FCA recall on my 2015 RAM 3500 for the SCR. That came when my truck had about 80,000 miles and required them to put a completely new SCR in the truck. Good to go for another 150,000 miles without the $1500 cost of an SCR.

Users who are viewing this thread