Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear sliding window rubbing noise

herdbull

Reaction score
Anyone else's rear slider make a ton of noise? It sounds like the foam or seal is constantly being squished or is rubbing on something. It looks like it is sealed up good and hasn't leaked but the noise is constant as long as you're driving on even the smoothest roads. Hard to tell if it's the entire window itself or just the slider portion.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
mine sounds a bit like that. it never leaks, and I rarely use it since I run a softopper 100% of the time.

Will_T

Reaction score
Anyone else's rear slider make a ton of noise? It sounds like the foam or seal is constantly being squished or is rubbing on something. It looks like it is sealed up good and hasn't leaked but the noise is constant as long as you're driving on even the smoothest roads. Hard to tell if it's the entire window itself or just the slider portion.
Do you mean makes noise even when it is not operating? If yes, then mine does not do that. It does make some noise when opening or closing though, but not so much it seems off to me.

herdbull

Reaction score
the noise happens while driving, not while opening or closing the window. It definitely sounds like a rubber seal either on the slider portion or the whole window itself.

Will_T

Reaction score
ah.. mine only makes noise when operating.
Same here. I think the OP has an issue. I do have a shell on mine so that may impact it. But I did not have it on for the first almost 1,000 miles and I don't remember any noise at all from back there.

Mike67

Reaction score
If it's a loud rubbing noise there is a rubber insert that tends to come out from the top if not seated correctly. This happened to mine a couple months after I bought it. Dealer took care of it. Open and close the window a couple times and see if you have some rubber hanging from the top recess on the driver's side after you close it. Mine was rubbing so bad the window was slow to open/close.
Update, issue resurfaced and dealer is replacing the rear window, just waiting on the part to arrive.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread