Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Driveshaft

Paintcan

Reaction score
When I took possession of my 2019 2500 6.4 about a year ago it threw a weight off the rear driveshaft. Warranty put in a new complete shaft but only made it about 2 weeks before the new shaft also threw a weight. I put 2 hose clamps on the shaft to temporarily balance it until I got to a driveshaft shop (got the balance pretty close) Brought the shaft to a shop today but the tech had me come back to show me crappy the shaft was made & was 60 thousands out of round. He said he wouldn't even balance it because it was so bad. The tube & the yoke are not true with each other so the u-joint is always wiggling even when running straight. The tube is friction welded to the yoke so they cant be repaired , the quality control is terrible. I will have to call Ram to get a third shaft!

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
When I took possession of my 2019 2500 6.4 about a year ago it threw a weight off the rear driveshaft. Warranty put in a new complete shaft but only made it about 2 weeks before the new shaft also threw a weight. I put 2 hose clamps on the shaft to temporarily balance it until I got to a driveshaft shop (got the balance pretty close) Brought the shaft to a shop today but the tech had me come back to show me crappy the shaft was made & was 60 thousands out of round. He said he wouldn't even balance it because it was so bad. The tube & the yoke are not true with each other so the u-joint is always wiggling even when running straight. The tube is friction welded to the yoke so they cant be repaired , the quality control is terrible. I will have to call Ram to get a third shaft!
Hopefully you’ll be able to give them the shaft, for once!

Users who are viewing this thread