Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear air suspension worth it on a 3500 or no?

Phil T

Reaction score
Super Duty???? Found on road dead. This is a RAM forum, no FORD lovers allowed.

RamGuy84

Reaction score
Lol, sorry just giving my honest opinion and I’m a Ram guy.

D

Deleted member 80

My buddy called his Stupid Duty Teddy Roosevelt, AKA Rough Rider.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes the 18 is a 3500 as well.

I would take a 17-19 superduty over a 4th gen Ram anyday, that’s why I hope getting a 19 3500 is the right choice. I just don’t get the full driving experience in it just doing test drives.
Lol, sorry just giving my honest opinion and I’m a Ram guy.
2 questions.

1. If you do not like the ride of the 4th Gen 3500, how do you figure the 2019 is going to be any different. So, I would think the air suspension would be the only difference.

2. Why not then buy a 17 Ford and enjoy the savings and the assumed better ride. Very confused by this statement.

I make things easy on myself. I need a HD truck, I have the best luck with RAM trucks, they offer what I want, I buy and drive.

Guess I need to test other trucks, just so I can understand thoughts and statements like these.

Good luck with your truck purchase, I hope you need a HD cause the only way to get a better ride overall is to get a light duty, but then it won't do all the things a truck needs to.

Heckyl

Reaction score
Then, I'll leave the forum.

Zinga, hang in there man. We all love our trucks, Ram and all others. We love to give other owners crap because we love our trucks, but secretly, we check out the others as we drive by ... because all trucks are awesome. I’m not in love with what some people do to their trucks.... but that’s another story... I have to laugh some times. I got carried away on one of my past posts and you told me to get a grip... sorry man I was out of line. I ask that you don’t leave the forum. I, and all others want your perspective and thoughts on things, but expect some crap when you give Ford some love. Just like Army gives crap to Marines and vice versa, but they will die fighting for each other. If we give ya crap, we love ya.

Ogamiitto

Reaction score
Zinga, hang in there man. We all love our trucks, Ram and all others. We love to give other owners crap because we love our trucks, but secretly, we check out the others as we drive by ... because all trucks are awesome. I’m not in love with what some people do to their trucks.... but that’s another story... I have to laugh some times. I got carried away on one of my past posts and you told me to get a grip... sorry man I was out of line. I ask that you don’t leave the forum. I, and all others want your perspective and thoughts on things, but expect some crap when you give Ford some love. Just like Army gives crap to Marines and vice versa, but they will die fighting for each other. If we give ya crap, we love ya.

Well said!

bassetthound1024

Reaction score
hi, im going to get a 3500 regular cab SRW and was going to get a dually 5500 with a flatbed but I decided to get a 3500 truck for my personal truck and for towing my lift for my business (around 11k). I want the gooseneck prep in case I need it but most if not all the time I will be using the hitch. Do you think I should I get the air suspension as I can order a truck I want now without it or wait for the 2020 with the auto air suspension from the factory. I also am curious if anyone knows the maximum weight for the hitch I know on the towing graphs it says max but that could be with the gooseneck.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
hi, im going to get a 3500 regular cab SRW and was going to get a dually 5500 with a flatbed but I decided to get a 3500 truck for my personal truck and for towing my lift for my business (around 11k). I want the gooseneck prep in case I need it but most if not all the time I will be using the hitch. Do you think I should I get the air suspension as I can order a truck I want now without it or wait for the 2020 with the auto air suspension from the factory. I also am curious if anyone knows the maximum weight for the hitch I know on the towing graphs it says max but that could be with the gooseneck.
The max for the hitch is going to be about 18000 lbs with 1800 tongue. The 5th wheel will be more and the gooseneck will be the most.

Every truck and configuration will be different but the charts will give you a ball park figure...just remember it will be less

Users who are viewing this thread