Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Re-Ordered My 2020 Ram 3500 HO Laramie Longhorn

1FastHemi

Reaction score
After the long ordeal with the first truck I had order that came in damaged, I finally was able to get a New order placed. I went over every thing with the Sales Manager (No sales person was involved with the ordering this time.) I hope this one arrives safely.

This new order has, Trailer Tire Pressure Monitor System - Dual Alternators 440A - Adaptive Steering System - Engine Block Heater - 4:10 Axle Ratio added to this truck which was not ordered on the last one. I tried to get the Rear Bed Step on the order but for some reason it was not available on the ordering system at this time.

Dealer will be furnishing and install the Rear Deployable Bed Step, 2 Additional OEM Key Fobs Programmed (a total of 4), and make some minor programming changes to the truck as mentioned in the other thread when the new truck arrives.

I am not going to mention what kind of deal I got but it is an excellent price.

I would like to give Mike @RamCares a BIG THANKS for his BIG HELP with this and everything he is able to do for me. Thanks again Mike !

When the build progress starts, I will be posting here what information I am able to gather to keep everyone updated.

Here is a copy of the Order Conformation and some Pictures of what the truck should look like when it arrives.

2nd 3500 Order.png20191206_121114.jpg20191206_121133.jpg20191206_121214.jpg20191206_121226.jpg20191206_121252.jpg20191206_122111.jpg

Attachments

• 20200210_151226.jpg
    20200210_151226.jpg
    372.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 20200210_151238.jpg
    20200210_151238.jpg
    423.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 20200210_151351.jpg
    20200210_151351.jpg
    518.6 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Ah......you can tell us, we can keep a secret, promise! By the way, that is pretty close to what I want, but in red.

1FastHemi

Reaction score
Ah......you can tell us, we can keep a secret, promise! By the way, that is pretty close to what I want, but in red.

Red is my favorite as well but I wanted a change as my 2006 is red and my old company truck was red as well.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Well, rather than take a chance, I am going to postpone my build until closer to 60 day mark with penfed. Would hate to screw myself out of that deal. I figure waiting a couple weeks or so won’t hurt to insure the factory doesn’t sh-t one out that just happens to be perfectly configured and on their lot a week early. Anyhow, if locals won’t deal on the factory order, maybe more incentives will be on table around Memorial Day or late June. I think most dealers would jump at a chance at a factory order at small profit, for not much time invested, and not having to inventory on the lot. I have so many dealers blowing up my phone now, head spins. One seems eager to do a factory order, even shot a price, but I can’t remember what specs I sent him.......lost that email somehow. That white and walnut combo could grow on me. I gotta go with red though.

1FastHemi

Reaction score
Well, rather than take a chance, I am going to postpone my build until closer to 60 day mark with penfed. Would hate to screw myself out of that deal. I figure waiting a couple weeks or so won’t hurt to insure the factory doesn’t sh-t one out that just happens to be perfectly configured and on their lot a week early.
My previous build took about 12 weeks to arrive after I placed the order. Sometimes if you tell your dealer to go ahead and order vehicle but you cant take it until a certain date. Some dealers will work with you on that or even lock you in on a promo so I have heard.

@JC

Reaction score
Since you can't order it right now, get your dealer to take the bed step off the damaged one and put it on your new one when it comes in... ;)

1FastHemi

Reaction score
Since you can't order it right now, get your dealer to take the bed step off the damaged one and put it on your new one when it comes in... ;)
That would be nice but it came in without one as well. I heard the steps are on back order again and the assembly line is out as well for whatever reason.

@JC

Reaction score
Like I joked in another thread, the factory that makes the step is probably in Wuhan, China...

Power247

Reaction score
I am not going to mention what kind of deal I got but it is an excellent price.

I would like to give Mike @RamCares a BIG THANKS for his BIG HELP with this and everything he is able to do for me. Thanks again Mike !

Good that they took care of you on this. Certainly this will be much less of an ordeal this time.

Greg
2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

1FastHemi

Reaction score
Good that they took care of you on this. Certainly this will be much less of an ordeal this time.

Greg
2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Thanks, Mark with @RamCares did an Excellent job! Now that my sales person no longer works for the dealer, I am a lot Better Informed and get Better Service from the Sales Manager and/or General Manager as they are now my direct contact there. I found out that my old sales person never went to anyone when I had issues, questions or researched anything, he kept everything to his self :rolleyes:. I believe that is why my first vehicle came in missing some options I wanted.

carlrx7

Reaction score
This new order has, Trailer Tire Pressure Monitor System - Dual Alternators 440A - Adaptive Steering System - Engine Block Heater - 4:10 Axle Ratio added to this truck which was not ordered on the last one. I tried to get the Rear Bed Step on the order but for some reason it was not available on the ordering system at this time.

When I added (SJE) Adaptive steering system separately it added $300. But dealer showed it was already included in the Limited level 1. It should be included in the Safety group you selected, but since there is no charge now, very Interesting.

1FastHemi

Reaction score
When I added (SJE) Adaptive steering system separately it added $300. But dealer showed it was already included in the Limited level 1. It should be included in the Safety group you selected, but since there is no charge now, very Interesting.

The same thing happened to us in the DealersConnect software. We also noticed it was standard in the Safety Group, that is why we selected it separately is because it didn't grey the option out in the software. We just wanted to make sure the option was going to be on the truck. Once we submitted the order and got the VON#, he printed the sheet out and the Dollar amount for that option changed to zero.

Last edited:

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Thanks, Mark with @RamCares did an Excellent job! Now that my sales person no longer works for the dealer, I am a lot Better Informed and get Better Service from the Sales Manager and/or General Manager as they are now my direct contact there. I found out that my old sales person never went to anyone when I had issues, questions or researched anything, he kept everything to his self :rolleyes:. I believe that is why my first vehicle came in missing some options I wanted.

Your kind words are truly appreciated, @1FastHemi! I am just glad that I could help.

Mark
RamCares

lolfunction

Reaction score
Sorry if this highjacks but I'm curious, how were you able to get help on the order price from Ram?

I had a dealership local to me take my order in December but then not place it for over 7 weeks. They lied to me, kept saying it was in production, and either dodged my phone calls or picked up then phone and hung up when I called from my cell. Only calling from a different number got me through to the sales manager or visiting in person got any sort of response. The SM bragged about my order being a "high demand" build and how he could sell it for a much better price for them if I backed out of the sale. I'm thinking it was intentional so that they could keep my order and sell for a profit.

Come to find out they're keeping the order after I had to order from a different dealership, at a higher cost, because the original manager told I should order elsewhere. My original order was actually placed and a VIN assigned the same week that I ordered from a new dealership and yet the original dealership STILL hasn't reached out to me now over a month after the original VIN was assigned. They know it's being produced and intentionally aren't telling me.

I'm not posting the dealership names or an entire summary until I actually take possession.

@RamCares if you're able to help with any sort of pricing accommodation I'd be highly interested. RAM US Customer care wasn't able to promise anything after I explained all this, and I'm still waiting to hear back about any sort of price adjustment due to the dealership's shady practices and deceit.

1FastHemi

Reaction score
Sorry if this highjacks but I'm curious, how were you able to get help on the order price from Ram?

I had a dealership local to me take my order in December but then not place it for over 7 weeks. They lied to me, kept saying it was in production, and either dodged my phone calls or picked up then phone and hung up when I called from my cell. Only calling from a different number got me through to the sales manager or visiting in person got any sort of response. The SM bragged about my order being a "high demand" build and how he could sell it for a much better price for them if I backed out of the sale. I'm thinking it was intentional so that they could keep my order and sell for a profit.

Come to find out they're keeping the order after I had to order from a different dealership, at a higher cost, because the original manager told I should order elsewhere. My original order was actually placed and a VIN assigned the same week that I ordered from a new dealership and yet the original dealership STILL hasn't reached out to me now over a month after the original VIN was assigned. They know it's being produced and intentionally aren't telling me.

I'm not posting the dealership names or an entire summary until I actually take possession.

@RamCares if you're able to help with any sort of pricing accommodation I'd be highly interested. RAM US Customer care wasn't able to promise anything after I explained all this, and I'm still waiting to hear back about any sort of price adjustment due to the dealership's shady practices and deceit.

Here is a link on how my problem started: https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/my-new-ram-3500-arrived-damaged.1445/

If you have a VON# or a VIN#, you should be able to contact RamCares and they should be able to tell you the status of your build or open a case up to help assist you better: https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/

If you aren't happy with the dealer you are doing business with you may want to consider going to a different dealer. I think I went to and or spoke with about 2 dozen dealers after my situation and I still came back to the dealer I first started with.

Last edited:

lolfunction

Reaction score
Here is a link on how my problem started: https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/my-new-ram-3500-arrived-damaged.1445/

If you have a VON# or a VIN#, you should be able to contact RamCares and they should be able to tell you the status of your build or open a case up to help assist you better: https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/

Appreciate the quick response, I've been following your thread since it started.

I have both VONs and VINs, opening up a case at the link you sent is what I've done so far but they couldn't promise anything. Was opening the case or PMing RamCares on here more helpful for you?

Users who are viewing this thread