Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Randy Ellis Design Sliders Body Armor & AMP Research Power Step

UNifc6pF

Reaction score
This past month I decided to go ahead and add the Carli Backcountry lift to my truck - this raised it up another two inches. It was no a hop for me to get in, and the wife and kids have to literally climb in (the 6yo is funny, it's like an America Ninja Warrior for him). So I decided to get the AMP steps, and the only slider that will work for them (not for sliding, but for body armor on kicking up rocks) , The RED Sliders.

Both were super quick to come in, the sliders came in way under their estimated lead time. I thought I'd be smart ... and ship the sliders myself to save a few hundred bucks. Well my shippers were quite a bit cheaper, but they some how destroyed the packing and boxes the sliders came in and scuff and scratch the sliders. Very annoying, I decided to go ahead and Line-X the bottom half to cover up the damage, and the shops recommendation of only the bottom half was crucial b/c the doors barely clear the line-x coating now. Anything higher up and the door would have been scraping up against them. Overall , i'm supper happy with the look and the extra grip with the Line-X will be welcome when it's wet out.

Enough typing - here's some pics.

IMG_2575-s.jpgIMG_2574-s.jpg

Full length coverage!

IMG_2578-s.jpg
IMG_2576-s.jpg

They made them as long as possible, I called to confirm it's suppose to but up right to the flares.

IMG_2577-s.jpg

Steps do sit below the sliders, so keep that in mind. If I know they are going ot take damage, it's possible to remove them with an allen wrench, and then just zip tie up the unmotorized arm.

But, the Steps Work!

IMG_2579-s.jpg
IMG_2580-s.jpg

Only downside, with the loop on the sliders, the steps don't really stick out much further, which is going to be awkward the first few times while getting used to it. Not the end of the world. I did see AMP makes some extensions, I might look at trying those out to see if the extra 2 inches make it easier to use. I think it'll be perfect for the kids.

IMG_2581-s.jpg

Overall, would I do it again. Definitely - Wish I would have done it sooner.

Hibiki54

Reaction score
If you do any serious wheeling, your power steps will take all the damage before your sliders do their job. Those are more like rub rails than sliders with how they are fastened to the rocker pinch weld.

UNifc6pF

Reaction score
If you do any serious wheeling, your power steps will take all the damage before your sliders do their job. Those are more like rub rails than sliders with how they are fastened to the rocker pinch weld.
Completely agree. I don't do serious wheeling with this. This was more for protection on flinging up **** on the tires than anything. The most these will see is a rub, if i'm having to use these for sliders, i'm in a situation where I don't give a **** about the steps at that point b/c i'm trying to get in/out for an emergency.

Users who are viewing this thread