Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lombana

Reaction score
We just got back from a 3-week cross country and experienced some issues that I'm curious if anyone else has seen before I take the truck into RAM for service and get these looked at. In no particular order;

* When entering PARK the manual lever is placed in the park position however the truck doesn't report it as parked and warnings come up in the EVIC to state that when shutting off the truck, the lever must be moved a couple of times to confirm PARK

* When entering REVERSE the back and trailer cameras become inoperable/unavailable, this usually happened during the most inopportune times such as when backing up to the trailer

* Random Service Airbag System warnings which happened a couple of times in the last 3 weeks, however, we've also seen this before in the last 3 months since we got the truck, usually when parked and restarting a Check Airbag warning comes up on the EVIC

* Random Blind Spot Alert / Unavailable Service Required - Park Sense Temporarily Unavailable as above have occurred a few times in the past as well

The U-Connect in our 2019 2500 is the 8.4 non-NAV, the truck was just purchased in April and the build date shows December. These seemed to have been pretty random errors but presented themselves more than once. Again wondering if there is a systemic problem.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Last time my truck was in for some crazy EVIC issues, the tech said there was a nationwide backorder of steering wheel modules (clockspring).

I'm pretty sure my issue is the iDrive throttle booster making the OBDII reader go nuts as I only start having these weird issues when I plug in the iDrive.

Users who are viewing this thread