Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ramcharger phone charger doesn't work.

willowcreekfarm3

Reaction score
Anybody else have an issue with their Ramcharger phone charger? Mine does not work. The blue light comes on intermittently and, if anything, it drains my phone battery. Brand new phone. Cover on or off, no difference. Disappointed, to say the least, that such simple technology doesn't work in a vehicle that retails for $106K.

Grey

Reaction score
At best wireless charge is slow, you will save yourself all kind of hassle by just plugging it in.

Riddick

Reaction score
I think this is fairly common amongst auto manufacturers. I attempted to wireless charge my phone in my wifes 23' Accord and at best it maintained the current charge but made the phone very warm. I don't even attempt to use it anymore, plug it in and be done.

jebruns

Reaction score
I use mine on longer trips, Samsung S22 Ultra with a case on it. If I'm using Android Auto and Google maps through my uConnect system, the phone will about maintain it's current charge, and does get a little warm. If I'm not using AA, it will charge it to 100%.

Lean Wolf

Reaction score
The Wireless charger on my 2022 didn’t work correctly until I placed the phone there and had it connected to a charging wire to the USB port. Since I set it there one day, the charger has worked correctly. Hope it helps!

RockaRhyme

Reaction score
I've found that the newest iPhones have a slightly larger camera bump on the back won't allow the phone to sit flush against the wireless charge. In my case the phone still charges, but I wonder how much it affects efficiency.

tacticalcucumber

Reaction score
I got a Peak Design case and wireless charger which is magsafe and mounts to the dash cubby. Hands free, stays on even when offroading, and does rapid wireless charging. Can't beat it.

willowcreekfarm3

Reaction score
So, I checked the fuses and, lo and behold, NONE were seated properly. Fixed that but, sadly, the charger still doesn't work. Comes on fir 10-15 seconds, then shuts off. Maddening. Glad I didn't pay retail for this truck! Simple technology not functioning in a vehicle that retails for $106K is an unforgivable sin. Whoever is responsible needs to be fired. This is a Bud Lite moment for Ram. Sorry, but that's how I feel.

RockaRhyme

Reaction score
Have you used it on any other wireless chargers?

Try…

1) rebooting the phone. Some S23 users have reported this working for them

2) Disable fast wireless charging. You may decide you’d rather leave it on, but disable it just verify

RockaRhyme

Reaction score
I’m not sure where on the 23+ the charging point is, I’d guess it’s in the center of the phone, but you might try putting it on the ram charger upside down. Face out bottom up.

Chrisminx

Reaction score
I have a samsung 23 ultra and i have to put mine in sideways, buttons up, closest to driver. Works every time.

willowcreekfarm3

Reaction score
Have you used it on any other wireless chargers?

Try…

1) rebooting the phone. Some S23 users have reported this working for them

2) Disable fast wireless charging. You may decide you’d rather leave it on, but disable it just verify

Yes. Tried the reboot, always the first thing I do with any smart device, laptop, desktop, etc. Works great on other wireless chargers. I'll try disabling fast wireless charging.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Technology changes so fast and I use a wireless charger nightly for my phone. They last about 2 years and usually stop working or become difficult. Since I plan to keep a truck for 7-10 years, it’s a device that I have no interest putting into a truck. That’s what a USB cord is for. Simple easy to replace no issues

jebruns

Reaction score
Technology changes so fast and I use a wireless charger nightly for my phone. They last about 2 years and usually stop working or become difficult. Since I plan to keep a truck for 7-10 years, it’s a device that I have no interest putting into a truck. That’s what a USB cord is for. Simple easy to replace no issues
It came as part of a package on my Limited Longhorn, it was not something I picked specifically. I didn't think it would be any handier than a USB cable, but I was wrong. So nice not to have the cables in the console. Mine works very well with my S22 Ultra, with a thin case on it. Just pop in and out of the cradle. I could live without it, but it is a nice feature.

Users who are viewing this thread