Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAMBOX issues

pyrorobert

Reaction score
Just wondering how many of you have had issues with the Ramboxes on your trucks? My issue is that the springs keep unsnapping from the lids. My truck is at the dealer for the fifth time now. Both sides have had the hardware completely replaced on the last trip. So the passenger side popped again and now it's back in the shop. Driver side has been good since they replaced the parts since. Good thing it's still under warranty.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

jetrinka

Reaction score
Weird. The boxes on my 21 have been trouble free

Razzman

Reaction score
One of mine kept blowing the rods off. I realized the entire assembly was warped and probably due to the bed being out of square and pointed that out. So they sent it out to square the bed and then replaced the entire Rambox assembly, lid, box, hardware, everything. After that the other side suddenly had issues, probably due to squaring the bed; so they ordered all new for that side too (waiting on that still) in the meantime the new lid has cracked on the replaced side due to having the latch too tight smh. So now I'm getting another lid there too.

pyrorobert

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Now I'm wondering if that is my issue. I've had my 2022 Power Wagon since February of last year. Waiting on the dealer at this point.

jebruns

Reaction score
Neither of my Rambox equipped 2500's had any issues like that. My '18 did break the little connector on the linkage for the locks, so they would not remote lock. But that was an easy, one-time fix. The ones on my '22 have been solid so far.

pyrorobert

Reaction score
So I got my truck back from the dealer and here are some pictures of how they fixed it. They added rivets and a few screws to hold down the springs and the brackets. I'm hoping this holds and I don't have anymore issues

Attachments

• 20230702_130923.jpg
    20230702_130923.jpg
    573.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 20230701_165926.jpg
    20230701_165926.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 66

TNHorseHauler

Reaction score
Just wondering how many of you have had issues with the Ramboxes on your trucks? My issue is that the springs keep unsnapping from the lids. My truck is at the dealer for the fifth time now. Both sides have had the hardware completely replaced on the last trip. So the passenger side popped again and now it's back in the shop. Driver side has been good since they replaced the parts since. Good thing it's still under warranty.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk
I have had my 2022 2500 back to the dealer three times now for the same issue on both sides. The first two times they just reset the springs, but they popped back out within hours. The third try was to replace the springs on both sides and at least the driver's side has popped out again. I have to take my 2022 1500 EcoDiesel in tomorrow morning, so I will make ANOTHER appointment for them to try and fix those. I'll update after that.

Users who are viewing this thread