Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Wireless Charger

Lary0071

Reaction score
In case anyone was wondering if for 2022 maybe Ram improved the charge rate of the Ramcharger Wireless Charging–Pad to make it useful, Nope. My Note 20 Ultra connects to the charger, but the charge rate is so slow that I slowly decrease in battery as I use it while attached to the wireless android auto. It is pretty much a dud product since the real desired use case would be to get into the truck with a phone in a reduced state of charge and slide it into the Ramcharger Wireless Charging–Pad to increase the battery state of charge while driving. This does not happen, at best you may get enough from the Ramcharger Wireless Charging–Pad to hold the line at whatever state of charge you are at.

And Ram, while your reading this and considering updating this lame feature in a future model, put the dang wireless charger in for the front passenger since the rubber phone dock is designed for 2 phones. What were you thinking? Old and outdated technology (slow charge) and then not even fully implement the outdated tech you picked.

CharlieL

Reaction score
And Ram, while your reading this and considering updating this lame feature in a future model, put the dang wireless charger in for the front passenger since the rubber phone dock is designed for 2 phones. What were you thinking? Old and outdated technology (slow charge) and then not even fully implement the outdated tech you picked.
I find the wireless charger to work just fine, and location is acceptable to me. Only issue is making sure the phone is adequately "centered." The charger worked great with my iPhone XS (which I lost due to leaving on bed cover & driving off); replaced it with a 13. The XS was in slim case; the 13 is in an Apple brand case. Neither case is very thick. The charging rate works fine, even with phone in use. While the location is okay with me, I do agree the dock would be better designed with two charging stations.

rudyyoko

Reaction score
In case anyone was wondering if for 2022 maybe Ram improved the charge rate of the Ramcharger Wireless Charging–Pad to make it useful, Nope. My Note 20 Ultra connects to the charger, but the charge rate is so slow that I slowly decrease in battery as I use it while attached to the wireless android auto. It is pretty much a dud product since the real desired use case would be to get into the truck with a phone in a reduced state of charge and slide it into the Ramcharger Wireless Charging–Pad to increase the battery state of charge while driving. This does not happen, at best you may get enough from the Ramcharger Wireless Charging–Pad to hold the line at whatever state of charge you are at.

I have a 2022 and it took me a few days to figure out where the perfect location for my Iphone XR on the wireless charger. It charges fine and the wireless carplay is fantastic.

GLB1950

Reaction score
I use Mapquest way too much to even think of having the phone down and out of line of sight for it to be practical. And yes it would be a pita to remove the cover each time I had to charge it. I just leave it on the magnetic holder to the left of the mega screen where it's easier to see and use a magnetic USB charging cord. But when I got the truck, I tried the charger and it did fine as long as I took it out of the case, and it isn't that thick of a case.

bluehorseperf

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

We're sorry to hear that some of you are experiencing concerns with your wireless charging. If you're still experiencing these concerns and would like us to look into it for you, please don't hesitate to send us a private message with your VIN and any additional details/documentation that will help me get a better understanding of your situation.

Thanks,

Courtney
Ram Cares
The wireless charging pad on my 2022 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Limited with 900 miles on it causes my iPhone to overheat to the point that i cannot use my camera and it needs to sit too cool off before use. Dealer says this "

Nick Santora <nsantora@central.us>
To: Switch City USA Corp

Wed, Jul 27 at 12:58 PM

Mark no problem. The wireless charger getting hot is an issue that is a common complaint but Ram does say its normal due to magnetic induction. Certain case styles will improve the situation as well. .......................

This is not normal and will cause damage to your cell phone " So, if not properly managed, the heat generated by wireless charging can damage your smartphone. Thankfully, wireless charging standards like Qi have strict guidelines to deal with this problem."

found this info online

Please provide insight!

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
This thread was an interesting read. I have an S22 with a slim otterbox case on it and have had zero issues. I actually really like the location and the charging has been just fine. Guess I just got lucky

TinGoatTravelers

Reaction score
It works fine for my iPhone in a MagSafe case. Integration to the 12” display via CarPlay is great - google maps displays there so I power off my phone (leaving it in the charger) and watch the 12” screen for directions. Totally agree on a couple things though:

1) just ridiculous to not include one for the front passenger…

2) it does tend to heat up the phone. Not to the point of being unable to use it, but it does get at least warm which is a bit concerning

3) I often forget the phone is sitting in the charger when I leave the truck, causing that “oh $#|€” moment when I’m at my location and frantically patting down my pockets for my phone…chalk that up to user and/or ID10T error…

Other than that, it works fine.

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

We're sorry to hear that some of you are experiencing concerns with your wireless charging. If you're still experiencing these concerns and would like us to look into it for you, please don't hesitate to send us a private message with your VIN and any additional details/documentation that will help me get a better understanding of your situation.

Thanks,

Courtney
Ram Cares
I am having the same issue with my 2023 3500 Limited DRW HO 6.7 Night Edition. I took the cover off my 14 Pro Max and driver side slot works But the passenger side still doesn't work. We try pushing it down on different positions, but still no go on the passenger side. I don't want to take my cover off to just charge the phone. I may have to carry the charging cable soon.

jsalbre

Reaction score
I am having the same issue with my 2023 3500 Limited DRW HO 6.7 Night Edition. I took the cover off my 14 Pro Max and driver side slot works But the passenger side still doesn't work. We try pushing it down on different positions, but still no go on the passenger side. I don't want to take my cover off to just charge the phone. I may have to carry the charging cable soon.

There is no charger on the passenger side.

Razzman

Reaction score
No issues with mine at all, charges Samsung or Apple just fine. Location is ok with me since I don't use the phone while driving anyway except for phone calls and those are hands free.

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
That's because the passenger side isn't equipped with a charger. So no matter what you do it's never going to work.

Reaction score
That's because the passenger side isn't equipped with a charger. So no matter what you do it's never going to work.
Haha.. I finally got it figured out. I actually use cable to charge my phone instead of taking the cover off. I have driven it now for last 2 days and omg.. It is a great truck.. I'm now a Ram guy.. :)

jebruns

Reaction score
My phone charges wirelessly with the cover on. Very nice to not have to have the extra wires in the console. But I know some have issues with that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread