Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram website Build / Price quirks

SoldierOfTheLaw

Reaction score
I am trying to configure a Ram 2500 Big Horn Mega Cab on the Ram Trucks website so I can save as a PDF and email to Sandi. A few things that I've noticed / prevented from doing and wasn't sure if I can't configure that way, or a glitch with their site. If anyone has insight on these, please chime in.

* If the Off road package is selected I am unable to pick the five (5) passenger seating option. I am really not interested in the jump seat / 6 person seating set-up, and I do want the Off Road package.
* If the Olive pearl paint option is selected and I choose the Night package, it automatically changes the color to the Bright Silver. I like the look of the bright silver / night package, but I also think the olive / black combo would look sharp.
* I had the Ram Box on my 2011 1500 and I like it, I didn't have it on my 2014 MC and not sure if I want it again. But, I only see it as an option on the 3500 MC and not the 2500 MC.

The Off road package and Ram Box stuff makes no sense to me why they aren't offered in those configurations. I'm guessing that the Olive and Max steel just aren't offered with the Night, which again makes no sense to me.

borracho

Reaction score
Have you asked Sandi about it? I was having an issue building a mega cab DRW with night edition; every time I added the night edition package it'd take off the dually option. I sent sandi what I wanted and mentioned that issue and she was able to provide a quote including the night package....worth a shot.

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
I am trying to configure a Ram 2500 Big Horn Mega Cab on the Ram Trucks website so I can save as a PDF and email to Sandi. A few things that I've noticed / prevented from doing and wasn't sure if I can't configure that way, or a glitch with their site. If anyone has insight on these, please chime in.

* If the Off road package is selected I am unable to pick the five (5) passenger seating option. I am really not interested in the jump seat / 6 person seating set-up, and I do want the Off Road package.
* If the Olive pearl paint option is selected and I choose the Night package, it automatically changes the color to the Bright Silver. I like the look of the bright silver / night package, but I also think the olive / black combo would look sharp.
* I had the Ram Box on my 2011 1500 and I like it, I didn't have it on my 2014 MC and not sure if I want it again. But, I only see it as an option on the 3500 MC and not the 2500 MC.

The Off road package and Ram Box stuff makes no sense to me why they aren't offered in those configurations. I'm guessing that the Olive and Max steel just aren't offered with the Night, which again makes no sense to me.
The Off Road Package and bucket seats combo works just fine for me, so maybe it is one of your other selections causing that discrepancy.

Olive, I don't believe is one of the night edition options. You aren't restricted to Billet with the NE, but I believe you have the option of Black, Granite, Billet, Patriot Blue, Delmonico Red, Flame Red or White.

Can't provide any input on the RamBoxes, though, as I never had a desire for them so never did any research on them.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Cannot option olive and night edition unfortunately.

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Sandi also confirmed (when I was ordering) that olive green and night was a no-go.

SoldierOfTheLaw

Reaction score
Ok, thank you for the clarification on Olive / NE. I am doing 2 MC builds that I will choose from and will PDF them and email her.

Every time I pick the 5 seat option it prompts me to pick the Night or Sport (which is already picked) so I pick it again. It then tells me that the Off road package is removed as well. I dunno .... might just be an intermittent web site flaw. I'll just build as it allows and then make a note of the actual option desired to her.

I appreciate the prompt feedback.

Thanks!

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Ok, thank you for the clarification on Olive / NE. I am doing 2 MC builds that I will choose from and will PDF them and email her.

Every time I pick the 5 seat option it prompts me to pick the Night or Sport (which is already picked) so I pick it again. It then tells me that the Off road package is removed as well. I dunno .... might just be an intermittent web site flaw. I'll just build as it allows and then make a note of the actual option desired to her.

I appreciate the prompt feedback.

Thanks!
FYI if you want a rough price, you can use the builder at Costcoauto.com. Build a 2022 ram there and deduct 5.5% from the invoice price (multiply it by .945).

beckty85

Reaction score
You can get the olive and do the sport and that will get you the painted bumpers and such then replace the emblems. The problem then Is the mirrors if you want them black, I would just wrap them or rattle can them.

SoldierOfTheLaw

Reaction score
I emailed Sandi last night and already received pricing. Outstanding response time.

She was able to configure both builds with the 5 passenger seating and the Off Road package which is great.

Now I need to decide on Olive Green Pearl Sport or Billet Silver Night Edition.

Both builds are 2022 2500 Big Horn Mega Cab 6.4/4.10.

Decisions .... decisions.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Yea, I found out when I was trying to order my 75th PW that there are some things I could not do on the RAM website, but the dealer was able to do on their ordering site, which is different than what the RAM site is.

I was able to get a mono tone paint in something different than black, which is all the RAM site would allow.

Good luck in getting exactly what you want. It may take some work on their end to get it to go thru.

Users who are viewing this thread