Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Removing Options From Accepted 2023 Orders

FLARam

Reaction score
Yup. You would have thought if it was truly an error on Ram’s part, it would have never been accepted for 3 months…..then be an issue.
1671497771208.png

Todays POC…..Mine is still in C status but still says Level 2 trim…

pr3dict

Reaction score
Honestly, I'd rather RAM push my order through without the options I asked for if they arent available anymore then just sit on it like theyve been doing with my order. That way I can still make the decision later on if I wanted to keep the order or not instead of being in limbo for the last 3 months.

I ordered on 9/11 and quickly went into D status with a VIN. A part or two that cant be ordered has my truck in some kind of error state and they are telling me it will be "weeks" before its fixed and can move to scheduled, etc... Im trying to jump ship to a 24 GMC but because dealerships dont have unlimited allocation like RAM they are stingy as hell on discounts and I REALLY dont want to pay MSRP for a truck.

Bcrouse

Reaction score
Honestly, I'd rather RAM push my order through without the options I asked for if they arent available anymore then just sit on it like theyve been doing with my order. That way I can still make the decision later on if I wanted to keep the order or not instead of being in limbo for the last 3 months.

I ordered on 9/11 and quickly went into D status with a VIN. A part or two that cant be ordered has my truck in some kind of error state and they are telling me it will be "weeks" before its fixed and can move to scheduled, etc... Im trying to jump ship to a 24 GMC but because dealerships dont have unlimited allocation like RAM they are stingy as hell on discounts and I REALLY dont want to pay MSRP for a truck.

Your limbo state is because of dealer/regional rep.

Mark Dodge was on top of all of this. I would order from them again if/when Ram gets their $¥£€ together. Good price. Fantastic communication. Very approachable, responsive resources. From my experience its everything a dealer should be.

If you need a truck, then you need it. If it still has enough of the options you need. I wasnt in the mood to pay 90K for a truck that didnt have everything I wanted, as-ordered. I told Ram I would wait longer for my truck if they built it as ordered. They said nope. So I walked away from my order. If you dont take care of the customer, someone else will…

Im at a point where I don't need it, yet….we were looking at new RVs but never purchased the big 5th wheel. So we still have our TT and can keep using our current tow vehicle. Im not in a rush. I can wait……as much as it pains me to be without a truck….again.

Ill see how this all plays out now between the economy, increasing interest rates, new designs, Ford QC issues, etc.

pr3dict

Reaction score
Your limbo state is because of dealer/regional rep.
^^^ Exactly. I tried telling the dealership this. They blindly trust this rep even after I've showed them proof that they are wrong. It's ridiculous. And now I'm past the point where I will get a truck ordered now and have it in time for April. I'm pretty pissed.

jred82

Reaction score
New here, planning on ordering from Granger Monday. May seem silly, but I really want the new 12” display. So it’s NOT included with the Laramie build at all?

BSN81

Reaction score
New here, planning on ordering from Granger Monday. May seem silly, but I really want the new 12” display. So it’s NOT included with the Laramie build at all?
Not silly at all. I wanted it too and ordered a Laramie with the level 2 packaged expecting it back on 9/26. My build code sheet has it listed, and the dealer seems to think I'll still get it. However my truck had yet to move out of "D" status. A lot of people have shared on here that it has been removed from the package and they were notified from their dealer about the issue. Im still waiting...

jred82

Reaction score
Not silly at all. I wanted it too and ordered a Laramie with the level 2 packaged expecting it back on 9/26. My build code sheet has it listed, and the dealer seems to think I'll still get it. However my truck had yet to move out of "D" status. A lot of people have shared on here that it has been removed from the package and they were notified from their dealer about the issue. Im still waiting...
Seems strange that’s it’s not included on a 90,000+ truck. Hope yours stays!

BSN81

Reaction score
Seems strange that’s it’s not included on a 90,000+ truck. Hope yours stays!
I completely agree. And had I known it wouldn't have been available, I probably would have ordered a Limited.

sanda

Reaction score
I posted this in the 2023 build/order thread but thought it warranted its own post as well.

I ordered a 2023 3500 Laramie Megacab 4x4 HO dually back in September. Order was accepted and confirmed. My dealer called me saying they were really sorry but Ram was telling them that my already accepted order needed to be changed from the Laramie Level 2 package to the Laramie Level F package. The Level F removes the 12” full digital dash. I then asked the dealer to follow up with Ram asking if I waited (im not in a rush) if they would honor the original order.

(In the interim, my order goes to D1 status. I am unsure if its being built as ordered or Ram made the decision to build it how they want)

Few days later I get a call back from the dealer. Dealer says that Ram never intended the Laramie to be able to select the new 12” digital dash and oh they also removed the fender flares since I ordered. I inquired how my truck was being built. I was i formed that according to Ram the dash and flares were never meant to be on the Laramie it was being built without them.

I asked if I would be getting any kind of compensation (money off, floor mats, a high five….something). I was informed there was a $10 difference between the Level2 and LevelF costs so I should expect nothing. Not even a “sorry guys, we fudged up” meme from Ram.

Im not really sure I buy Ram’s excuse it was never meant to be orderedable for the Laramie. It was on the original build sheets, its on the 2023 RamTrucks configurator in the Level2 package. I think they intended it to be ordered as part of that, but when they got an overwhelming amount of Longhorn and Limited orders they panicked and started making excuses.

This means that Ram could and will pull anything off of accepted orders now and in the future. I can understand not allowing new orders to select it, but pulling things off of already accepted orders with a lame excuse is pretty low.

My dealer sounded pretty angry at Ram too. Im sure they lost a few orders because of it.

Ram this is not the way to conduct business and instill confidence in your customers. I am pretty close to canceling my order. The fact you havent contacted a majority of your dealers speaks volumes as well.

Anyone else still in “D” status or have yet to order, keep an eye on your orders.
You may be lucky not getting the 12". I much prefer the 8.4".

rafke77

Reaction score
I just joined HD Rams due to this thread. I saw a video on YouTube talking about the fender flares not being included. I am trading in a 2022 2500 with 488 miles for a 2023 3500. (Long story, I didn't know much about payload at the time). As stupid as it is, I might just remove the flares off my '22 to put on my '23 when it comes in.

I watched a different video showing a '23 with flares. I forget which model it is at the moment. Can anyone else comment on seeing any with flares or not?

Edit* I called the dealership, my rep did not know for certain and said he had checked cars.com and only found one without them the rest were stocked pictures. He text me back a little later and said he spoke with the finance manager who said they are coming with them but they have to be installed at the dealership. I'm still questioning this..

superjoe83

Reaction score
Laramie trim is not getting flares for '23, Limited and longhorn will still have them.
19+ trucks with factory flares have holes in the fender for the flares to clip in to, you can add factory flares to a 19+ but you will have to cut off the clips and use tape to hold them on securely

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
I just joined HD Rams due to this thread. I saw a video on YouTube talking about the fender flares not being included. I am trading in a 2022 2500 with 488 miles for a 2023 3500. (Long story, I didn't know much about payload at the time). As stupid as it is, I might just remove the flares off my '22 to put on my '23 when it comes in.

I watched a different video showing a '23 with flares. I forget which model it is at the moment. Can anyone else comment on seeing any with flares or not?

Edit* I called the dealership, my rep did not know for certain and said he had checked cars.com and only found one without them the rest were stocked pictures. He text me back a little later and said he spoke with the finance manager who said they are coming with them but they have to be installed at the dealership. I'm still questioning this..
The flares will be on limited and limited longhorn trims for 2023. Laramie and down will not have them.

You can remove the flares from your 22 and put them on the 23 but keep in mind, 2019+ fender flares mount to the truck using a series of clips and studs that engage into pre-punched holes in the fender sheet metal. If you’re taking them off of a truck that came with them from the factory and installing them on a truck that never had them, the truck you remove them from will have exposed holes along the fender around the radius of the wheel opening, and you’ll need to cut the studs off of the flares and use 3M automotive grade double sided tape to install them on the non-flare truck.

rafke77

Reaction score
Interesting, thanks for the quick replies! I'm going to remove one to take a look.

This is disappointing from Ram! Those flares really dressed it up!

rafke77

Reaction score
I see what you both were referring to with the holes used to keep those flares on better. Looks like they're staying with the truck. That's really cheap they couldn't put those on.

Users who are viewing this thread