Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram has the only HD truck that FITS IN MY GARAGE

daemonic3

Reaction score
Hello all,

Long time Ford owner here on my 2nd F150. When I had considered getting more than a half ton in the past (for towing my travel trailer with more margin), I had to give up on that idea since I thought all HD trucks are minimum of 250" for crew cabs due to the beds being so long. For example, my F150 is 232" long and barely fits in my house garage or condo's parking garage assigned space. So I figure we're limited to half ton towable trailers forever. (for those wondering why I don't park outside, I do NOT want to put such an expensive investment out in the streets nor subject it to weather wear when I have garages)

Then on a whim I looked again at Ford, GMC, Chevy, and Ram HD trucks for the heck of it. I couldn't believe what I was seeing in the spec sheet - that a Ram crew cab short box was only 238" long.... That is ONLY 6" more than my F150 and I can do that and still walk around it in my garage or not put other cars in danger by still into the narrow parking garage aisle!

I have been doing TONS of research for a potential new truck now, and a lot of good info on this forum in particular! I see that for the 3500 my crew cab short box (aka CCSB) is very rare on lots, and none have all the specs I want so I'll be ordering custom. Hope to join the family sometime this summer!

EDIT: I should note that Ford Superduty has a Supercab that is also 238" long. BUT they completely nerf what you can configure it with, namely it can only go up to Lariat and you cannot add any packages to get adaptive cruise (among other things I would want). So Ram is the only future truck brand I can even consider...

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to HDRAMS.

There are several high volume dealers active here that can make you a smokin' deal on a factory order.

daemonic3

Reaction score
Welcome to HDRAMS.

There are several high volume dealers active here that can make you a smokin' deal on a factory order.

Thanks! I saw one list and didn't see any of them in NoCal, or even California in general. My friend runs sales in Elk Grove so I'm working with his fleet manager to get the best she can get me. It seems that the upper trims (longhorn/limited) are very hard to get good rebates on but if they can lock in ORDER date rebates at least I know my worst case price (I have a legit control number for preferred pricing) after locking in and stacking rebates and incentives.

If there is an updated list of preferred dealers I'll happily check what is nearby! (like Mark Dodge, Granger and Koons are in the wrong areas of the country)

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Remember trucks are NOT an investment they are an asset that depreciates lol

mountainears

Reaction score
I ordered mine with a supplier discount code in the peak of high demand back in 22. I used Auburn RAM. At that time unless you used a supplier or employee discount you were not getting under MSRP from anyone but the real big dealers. Now the big dealers are doing quite a bit under MSRP which could be even better pricing than your discount. I think it could be worth talking to one of them, you could save enough to have it shipped or they could do a courtesy delivery. They are also very straightforward to deal with in that they sell so many that it’s not worth their time trying to really screw you in your order. Talk with them, get the order straight, bring that info to the local dealer to see if they want to compete.

Users who are viewing this thread