Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM Doesn’t Offer Free Maintenance!?!

dragon_ram

Reaction score
RANT //

Seriously, RAM doesn’t offer free scheduled maintenance? In 2020? For a vehicle that costs more than a BMW? Guess I’m searching the forum for filter change DIYs...

RANT OVER //

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Time to learn. Trucks are easy to work on.

I wouldn’t take my truck back to the dealer for maintenance even if it was free. Never taken the dealer up on the first free oil change on anything I’ve had. Too far away, takes too long, and some slack ass tech working on my truck.

Riveyman

Reaction score
Time to learn. Trucks are easy to work on.

I wouldn’t take my truck back to the dealer for maintenance even if it was free. Never taken the dealer up on the first free oil change on anything I’ve had. Too far away, takes too long, and some slack ass tech working on my truck.
^^^^ This 100%

kristof

Reaction score
It's unbelievable how long it takes them to change an oil. I need appointment to do that. Even then I have to sit there for two hours. Also have to schedule during my working hours. Not feeling like taking a day off just to take it to them to have my oil changed. Also if I leave it there I have to pay for loaner. Are you kidding me? I don't like doing it myself in winter but it looks like I have no choice. Especially that they have proven their techs are not so good at what they are doing.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I bought a Texas truck and had it shipped out to me in SoCal. I received information about Ram Care for 2 years. Still haven't decided if I will have them do the oil changes for the first 2 years.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
RANT //

Seriously, RAM doesn’t offer free scheduled maintenance? In 2020? For a vehicle that costs more than a BMW? Guess I’m searching the forum for filter change DIYs...

RANT OVER //
Why would you assume you get anything free? I have never seen any vehicle with free oil changes. Stop feeling entitled you paid that price for a truck nothing more. if you want to pay more I'm sure they will include some “free services” ... besides i will never take my vehicles to the dealer the lube kids are morons a lot of the time not to often do they have a bright one and dealer services are almost 300$ more on my truck than it costs me to do it i pay 300$ for the stuff to do my services and they want to charge me 580$ at the dealer

Side note you pay more because your getting way more vehicle than any bmw on the lot...

Squatch

Reaction score
Places that do free maintenance only do this to to bring suckers in the door so they can tell them they need things fixed that aren’t broken. under the guise of free maintenance you will get worked over. Nothing’s free.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Places that do free maintenance only do this to to bring suckers in the door so they can tell them they need things fixed that aren’t broken. under the guise of free maintenance you will get worked over. Nothing’s free.
Usually not as good of a deal on the vehicle either

sstoner911

Reaction score
RANT //

RANT OVER //
:D:D:D:D:D

BigWorm

Reaction score
Why would you assume you get anything free? I have never seen any vehicle with free oil changes. Stop feeling entitled you paid that price for a truck nothing more. if you want to pay more I'm sure they will include some “free services” ... besides i will never take my vehicles to the dealer the lube kids are morons a lot of the time not to often do they have a bright one and dealer services are almost 300$ more on my truck than it costs me to do it i pay 300$ for the stuff to do my services and they want to charge me 580$ at the dealer

Side note you pay more because your getting way more vehicle than any bmw on the lot...
Go buy a Chrysler minivan or 300. The 300 I bought new in 2012 came with first couple of oil changes included. My brother bought a new 2020 Chrysler Pacifica at a different dealership and oil changes were also included in that deal. The new F150 my brother in law leased came with first couple of oil changes included. I think some manufacturers provide it as an incentive to buy. If they don't, then I can only assume that many dealerships will also offer it as an incentive. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't happen quite regularly.

SMK Shoe

Reaction score
Just did oil and fuel filters today. Dealer wanted 450$+ to do the work. Was in a hurry, that's why I called them. NOT a chance they will get at my truck. 120$ for all three filters and 65$ for oil. spent about two hours getting it done ( was dragging my feet doing the work). I had the filters on the shelf for just in case. Well, it will always be just in case since the dealer price is insulting. I will be doing oil/fuel filters every other month so might as well get a stock pile

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Go buy a Chrysler minivan or 300. The 300 I bought new in 2012 came with first couple of oil changes included. My brother bought a new 2020 Chrysler Pacifica at a different dealership and oil changes were also included in that deal. The new F150 my brother in law leased came with first couple of oil changes included. I think some manufacturers provide it as an incentive to buy. If they don't, then I can only assume that many dealerships will also offer it as an incentive. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't happen quite regularly.
It does not happen here expecually not with a 300$ oil change....

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I bring up stuff like that after I have the final price. Just before I sign and then get it in writing on a due bill. This is how I got my floor mats. I didn't ask for the oil service on my truck (but unknowingly ended up with it anyway - cuz Texas) but I did do it on the last car I bought.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
RANT //

RANT OVER //

Ain't nothing free....

Users who are viewing this thread