Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram-curious

EffinNewGuy

Reaction score
Currently researching the ever loving crap out of new trucks. I’m a Toyota fan-boy (had a 5th gen 4Runner, currently in a mildly built 1st gen Sequoia with 260K miles and it’s perfect), but I hate their current offerings. I’m not sold on long-term twin turbo direct-injection reliability.

Looking to start towing a travel trailer within the next year, and I enjoy expedition travel (I hate the term overlanding and everything it implies), camping, and exploring the back country. My Sequoia is quickly running out of payload and has a pretty limited towing capability. I’m also looking at a new job where a new truck may be necessary. I prefer vehicles without too many electronics or overly complicated mechanical systems. Sure the luxury barges are nice, but not nearly as practical for me. I’ve got a 9 year old daughter that prefers rolling in the dirt to playing with Barbies, a 1 year old German Shedder, I mean Shepherd, and I am a geologist routinely covered in dirt/mud.

Currently looking researching F250 7.3 XL/XLT gasser and 2500 6.4L tradesman. They seem to be the most basic truck-like trucks. The PW is macho cool, but I don’t have a need for its capabilities. I’m not a rock crawler or hard core mudder. I’ve gone off roading in big groups and tend to prefer the easy lines or avoiding obstacles (less chance of breaking something expensive).

Anyway - Hi.

flan

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Any of the offerings from the big 3 are pretty decent. I don’t think you would be disappointed with either if your 2 choices there.

JD2510

Reaction score
Have you considered a trailer made for a half ton truck and pull it with a Tundra?

Users who are viewing this thread