Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Connect App Location Tracking

DragginAWagon

Reaction score
My truck got picked up from the dealership this morning by the shipping carrier. I've been trying to track its progress using the Ram Connect app's location feature, but whenever I refresh the location, it still says it's at the dealership. The truck is in an enclosed trailer, so perhaps that's blocking the signal. I've also read that the location might only update a few times a day (which doesn't seem particularly helpful). Does anyone know how the location tracking feature works and why it might not be accurate/updated?

arx237

Reaction score
It should update the location every time you press the "refresh". I can watch mine move down the road no problem this way when the wife is driving it.

DragginAWagon

Reaction score
It should update the location every time you press the "refresh". I can watch mine move down the road no problem this way when the wife is driving it.
I assume it updates properly when it's on and driving. Kind of a strange scenario that it's turned off but still moving. I just had luck refreshing it and seeing the updated location after locking the doors, which might "wake up" the computer. Perhaps that's the trick to updating the location while the truck is off.

Users who are viewing this thread