Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Battery/Power issue

Cimilljm

Reaction score
Hello, new to the forum. Having an issue and kind find any info on it... today I lost all power while driving. I found that there was a secondary ground wire to the battery not properly connected and was sparking when I popped the hood. I got it back right and I still had a check engine light and power light flickering. The truck now won’t get past 4th gear and shifts rough. I double checked the ground and checked a couple fuses. Can’t really figure it out and can’t find anything in a gas truck online. It’s a 2012 2500 5.7. Any info is appreciated!

Nick

Reaction score
I know this response is late and you may have already solved it . I would unhook both batteries then hook them up and see if that eliminates the problem .

Murph

Reaction score
I didn't have quite the issue you have, although I did have a check engine light on my 5.9. The dealer found a loose wire and after I paid the bill gave me the advise to check battery hook ups on diesels frequently due to vibration. Also those terminals needed some "McGiver" work to maintain tightness. I check my 2013 6.7 regularly.

Users who are viewing this thread