Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram app remote start works but not unlocking doors

waveslayer

Reaction score
So several times using my Ram App to remote start my truck, I go to unlock the doors and it says, "unlock unsuccessful" as there is no communication with the truck.

I reinstall the app, log out etc. 15 minutes later I turn the truck off and then the door u locking feature worked.

It has done this 3 times now. Major pain when I lock the keys in the car to go surf or do something else where I don't want to carry my keys.

I have a video of it

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

Bramdon

Reaction score
This is a huge pain in the ass for me in Colorado. I remote start the truck all the time, love it. Sometime in DEC or JAN, Ram updated the app, and when you remote start, it automatically locks the doors, and you cant UNLOCK the doors unless you remote turn the truck off, or it times out, wait 15 sec, then unlock. Sucks.

waveslayer

Reaction score
This is a huge pain in the ass for me in Colorado. I remote start the truck all the time, love it. Sometime in DEC or JAN, Ram updated the app, and when you remote start, it automatically locks the doors, and you cant UNLOCK the doors unless you remote turn the truck off, or it times out, wait 15 sec, then unlock. Sucks.
Makes zero sense to me

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

TW720HVY

Reaction score

The exact same thing happens to mine, it's a major pain in the ass!

This started happening to me in November, and haven't used it really since then,decided to give it try today and sure enough still does not unlock after the engine starts. Locks and unlocks fine with the engine off. Thought for sure it was an app issue and they would've figured it out by now, but I guess this will be add to growing recall list.

Users who are viewing this thread