Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM App - is it useful? Pros & Cons....

JimKIII

Reaction score
With my new 2022 2500 Big Horn 6.4L 4X4 I am now getting emails encouraging me to install the RAM App on my phone. I hesitate to install any app on my cell phone and keep it very basic.

I didn't purchase remote start, NAV, won't use SirusXM or any of the other constant online systems like Guardian, OnStar, etc.

With that said, is there any advantage for me to install the RAM App on my phone?

Linked4door

Reaction score
Only thing I have found it useful for is using it to unlock lock thr truck with out my keys. Like when I am driving my company vehicle and need ro get something o forgot in thr truck. Saves my fat ass a walk back inside to get the keys. Other than that its useless. It has my basic and powertrain warranty listed as expired based on currant milage of 2495 miles (which is also listed in the app.)

sstoner911

Reaction score
I use it all the time for remote start when Iam out of the FOB range. You can lock or lock doors if needed. You can look up info on your truck like the options installed on it.. Guess that's useful

I really like remote start especially in the summer when it's 110 Degrees and I don't want to get in to a truck that's 140 degrees inside.

The winter is mild here but it's also nice to get in to a warm truck in the mornings etc ..

It's part of your free trial so you have nothing to lose...just uninstall it after the trial if you don't want to keep the subscription.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220124-195939_Ram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220124-195939_Ram.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot_20220124-195931_Ram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220124-195931_Ram.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot_20220124-195919_Ram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220124-195919_Ram.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot_20220124-195905_Ram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220124-195905_Ram.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 65

WildBill138

Reaction score
My truck doesnt have external start stop tech. As its a tradesman. When the tech support sales guy showed me the app
He says 'so here is what your app does'. (Shows lock/unlock symbol on phone)
I said 'so for $200 a year i can unlock my truck.'
Salesman 'yes'

Myfast70

Reaction score
The app is pretty useless as mentioned other than locking/ unlocking and remote starting the truck. It hasn't updated the vehicle health in 64days now. One of the more frustrating things is that you CANNOT adjust the temp control, lame!!

DougB

Reaction score
The app is pretty useless as mentioned other than locking/ unlocking and remote starting the truck. It hasn't updated the vehicle health in 64days now. One of the more frustrating things is that you CANNOT adjust the temp control, lame!!
Agreed. With this much fkn tech in these trucks the least the app should do is let THE OWNER adjust HVAC set temp and heating or cooling seats on/off when remote starting.

I think it’s obvious these were programmed by engineers from the north. Heating features don’t turn on unless it’s below 40F outside but the cooling features turn on above 80F.
@RamCares get the programmers to allow THE OWNER to set the temp of the HVAC, defroster on, and when seat heaters/fans are turned on during remote starting. Even better would be a few presets with HVAC settings adjusted already and just press the preset remote start you want.

Once my free sub is over I won’t renew unless its upgraded per above.

Herrred

Reaction score
OP elected for none of these options for his Tradesman, but for the others:

If you call Sirius XM Guardian (Uconnect) and talk to an agent, you can get the full app benefit for $10 per month. I use my remote start daily when my keyfob is blocked by walls/buildings and such. I also use the Send and Go to send a destination to my Navigation, instead of typing it in from the radio screen. The Info pages are relatively just a flashy card for quick reference, most of this you'll see from your EVIC. THe Vehicle Health Report is equally flashy. I usually disregard the emails. As I get older the vehicle location page may come in handy if I forget where I parked, but luckily I have dodged that bullet to date. Overall, I would not pay more than what I'm paying now.

Many have a love/hate relationship with both the Uconnect and MOPAR aps. I myself use both and have no real complaints.

moparfan06

Reaction score
OP elected for none of these options for his Tradesman, but for the others:

If you call Sirius XM Guardian (Uconnect) and talk to an agent, you can get the full app benefit for $10 per month. I use my remote start daily when my keyfob is blocked by walls/buildings and such. I also use the Send and Go to send a destination to my Navigation, instead of typing it in from the radio screen. The Info pages are relatively just a flashy card for quick reference, most of this you'll see from your EVIC. THe Vehicle Health Report is equally flashy. I usually disregard the emails. As I get older the vehicle location page may come in handy if I forget where I parked, but luckily I have dodged that bullet to date. Overall, I would not pay more than what I'm paying now.

Many have a love/hate relationship with both the Uconnect and MOPAR aps. I myself use both and have no real complaints.
Sirius XM Guardian hopefully works better on the newer trucks. I had it on my 2018 and let the subscription expire due to the remote start feature not working all the time. The fob has been more reliable, as long I can see the truck, the fob will start it. With the app that didn't always work.

Riddick

Reaction score
As others have stated the only useful features are the unlock/lock and remote start features. I will admit the remote start feature has come in handy. On my last work trip when we landed it was pretty cold out so I started the truck from inside the airport, when I got out to it the truck was warmed up and ready to go. However, that wiil not be enough for me to renew the subscription. Ford has a similar app called FordPass but its free and offers same features...... not sure why RAM is charging us.

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
I’ve set up the boundaries and curfew just in case someone decides to rip it off in the middle of the night. At least we can call the cops sooner that way.

Wilder

Reaction score
Remote start all the time in the winter while out of range- at work, skiing/snowmobiling, etc. Especially when it's below 0F, the beast needs a while to warm up.
How long does the subscription last? they didn't tell me at the dealership, and I haven't yet been prompted to renew.

moparfan06

Reaction score
Remote start all the time in the winter while out of range- at work, skiing/snowmobiling, etc. Especially when it's below 0F, the beast needs a while to warm up.
How long does the subscription last? they didn't tell me at the dealership, and I haven't yet been prompted to renew.
The trial is for one year from the date of purchase.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Agreed. With this much fkn tech in these trucks the least the app should do is let THE OWNER adjust HVAC set temp and heating or cooling seats on/off when remote starting.

I think it’s obvious these were programmed by engineers from the north. Heating features don’t turn on unless it’s below 40F outside but the cooling features turn on above 80F.
@RamCares get the programmers to allow THE OWNER to set the temp of the HVAC, defroster on, and when seat heaters/fans are turned on during remote starting. Even better would be a few presets with HVAC settings adjusted already and just press the preset remote start you want.

Once my free sub is over I won’t renew unless its upgraded per above.
Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your honest feedback. We will make sure to document accordingly.

Rob
Ram Cares

Wilder

Reaction score
@RamCares Please also consider adding an option to remove the PIN lock on the start/lock/unlock. I already have several security features on the phone, it seems redundant to need to enter the PIN right after fingerprint unlocking my phone in the first place. Obviously some people would probably like it to stay, but given my lifestyle (phone is very unlikely to be stolen) and the fact that if it was stolen, the thief would need to already have my PIN or fingerprint to unlock the phone in the first place, I would like the option to disable this.

MT1

Reaction score
I have had my truck for a week the only thing Ive used it for was unlocking it with out getting the keys because i left something in there before getting in my work van.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
@RamCares Please also consider adding an option to remove the PIN lock on the start/lock/unlock. I already have several security features on the phone, it seems redundant to need to enter the PIN right after fingerprint unlocking my phone in the first place. Obviously some people would probably like it to stay, but given my lifestyle (phone is very unlikely to be stolen) and the fact that if it was stolen, the thief would need to already have my PIN or fingerprint to unlock the phone in the first place, I would like the option to disable this.
If I can open my bank app with biometrics on a locked phone also unlocked using a pin or biometrics, I should be able to remote start my truck.

@RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread