Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM 2020 Crew Cab 2500 Mystery Body rattle

Mark364

Reaction score
I have a new RAM 2500 crew/ 4x4/ 6.4 gas it has 1000 miles on it. I am getting a rattle like a loose spare tire
or something heavy / thud more than a light item rattle. I have looked everywhere. I saw an older thread about
the same thing. Has anyone found out what this is ? I have not been back to the dealer because my truck spent it's first whole week there
because of tire pressure sensors. Any help would be appreciated.

vancepp

Reaction score
I have the same issue on my 2020 2500. I have the Cummins. Mine seems to be coming from the front.

heyguy

Reaction score
Same issue on mine from the front. Seemingly when the suspension reaches full extension on a front corner there is a popping sound. From what I've found it can be the cab mounts, or a improperly torqued bolt/nut on a front suspension or steering component. I have yet to take mine to the dealer to get it addressed.

Cummins3

Reaction score
There are many other threads about similar issues it's most likely the cab mounts.... most problematic Noise is from rear cab mounts and some are from front

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
SUBJECT: Noise From Rear of Cab Area While Driving Over Rough Roads or Bumps OVERVIEW: This bulletin involves inspecting and replacing the C-Pillar body mounts if needed. MODELS: 2019 - 2020 (DJ) RAM 2500 Pickup NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: North America. NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before September 30, 2020 (MDH 0930XX). SYMPTOM/CONDITION: The customer may describe a rattling noise heard around the C-Pillar area or back of the cab, while driving the vehicle over rough or bumpy roads. DIAGNOSIS: 1. Verify the customer concern by test driving the vehicle over mildly rough or bumpy roads. A rattle noise may be heard from the rear of the cab. 2. Is a rattling noise heard from the C-Pillar area of the floor or rear of the cab? • YES>>> Proceed to Step 1 of the Repair Procedure. • NO>>> This bulletin doesn’t apply. Further diagnosis may be needed. If the customer describes the symptom/condition listed above, perform the Repair Procedure.

Squatch

Reaction score
Dang, so are these replacement body mounts an updated design?

Squatch

Reaction score
Is there a seperate one for the 3500?
I looked up the replacement mount. It states it doesn’t fit the 3500. Do we know if there is any difference with these mounts, or is this just a system error/omission?

Bob K

Reaction score
I have a 2020 2500 that had the rattling/ clanking / banging noise coming from the rear in the vicinity of the C pillar. According to the the dealer and mfg TSB they felt it was the body mounts. The dealer replaced them 2 weeks ago and it seems to have fixed the problem...so far.

Users who are viewing this thread