Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radio sometimes won’t turn off after shutting off truck

mountainears

Reaction score
On my 22 3500 Limited the 12” radio occasionally won’t turn off after powering down the truck and then opening the door. Haven’t found a pattern yet and it does not happen all the time. I’ve let it sit for over 15 minutes before just to see if it would eventually and it does not. Doing a reboot by holding in both buttons will turn it off but it would be nice to get a better fix. I’ve seen it posted in a few other places with no real answer. Has been a minute since my last update but from my searches on this forum I am current (I’ll have to verify but I think it was 26.46). Don’t really want to completely reset things and lose all my settings unless there is a confirmation that it really would fix it. And even with that I’ll have to think about it :/)

Ostracize

Reaction score
I don't have an answer but try opening the door before killing the engine ignition... Just to see it there's any difference in behavior. My guess would be bcm related or just door sensor.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
My dads ‘22 with the 12” screen will occasionally do this. It can be turned off with the power switch when it stays on too long.

ETX Ram

Reaction score
Wondering if it isn't a BCM issue? Reason I ask is that instead of my radio staying on, the USB ports will stay energized instead on occasion. Only way I knew is that my dash cam stays plugged into a USB port outlet. I catch myself walking by the truck to see if the camera is on. Seems to be no consistent scenario that causes mine to occasionally do this

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Wondering if it isn't a BCM issue? Reason I ask is that instead of my radio staying on, the USB ports will stay energized instead on occasion. Only way I knew is that my dash cam stays plugged into a USB port outlet. I catch myself walking by the truck to see if the camera is on. Seems to be no consistent scenario that causes mine to occasionally do this

The USB pets don’t utilize the same timer as the radio.

MarkCO1

Reaction score
If I use the engine stop button while the transmission selector is in Drive, the engine shuts off, the selector goes to P (it's a safety thing programmed in) and the engine button illuminates to "ACC" and the radio stays on. I've fiddled with it a few times and it appears to be a sequencing issue. Foot off brakes and press the start stop button until it turns off...two more presses.

Nosty10s

Reaction score
On my 22 3500 Limited the 12” radio occasionally won’t turn off after powering down the truck and then opening the door. Haven’t found a pattern yet and it does not happen all the time. I’ve let it sit for over 15 minutes before just to see if it would eventually and it does not. Doing a reboot by holding in both buttons will turn it off but it would be nice to get a better fix. I’ve seen it posted in a few other places with no real answer. Has been a minute since my last update but from my searches on this forum I am current (I’ll have to verify but I think it was 26.46). Don’t really want to completely reset things and lose all my settings unless there is a confirmation that it really would fix it. And even with that I’ll have to think about it :/)
Did you ever find a fix for this? mine seems to be doing the same thing,

mountainears

Reaction score
No, but also hasn’t happened in a while. Not sure if I’m doing anything different :)

Users who are viewing this thread