Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question for those with factory air suspension

KM673000

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My 2020 limited with air suspension is constantly “cycling” for lack of a better word. Sounds like a valve opening and closing, followed by the sound of compressed air. Goes off frequently - maybe every 15 minutes. Does anyone else experience this? Wondering if it’s an issue.

LaserMan

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My 2020 limited with air suspension is constantly “cycling” for lack of a better word. Sounds like a valve opening and closing, followed by the sound of compressed air. Goes off frequently - maybe every 15 minutes. Does anyone else experience this? Wondering if it’s an issue.
I would say its relatively normal, mine has always been quite audible when it is doing self level (compressor running, solenoids in the compressor opening, closing, exhausting air). The HD air suspension has a more audible operation than the 1500 system in my experience.

If something was wrong, it should tell you as I found out with mine when it blew an air fitting off of the airbag then eventually had to have the compressor replaced. The truck gave me a " service air suspension immediately" message on the dash.

rsg1963

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm sure by now you've realized this is not normal. But I wanted to chime-in just in case. My factory air releases overpressure about 2 minutes into the initial startup and drive. Then never again until I shut off the truck and start over again. It does, however, add or release air as needed when I hitch something up or add/subtract weight from the bed. Anything beyond those scenarios, it an issue you should have looked at.

Don-T

Reaction score
My last 3500 with rear air seemed to work much like yours does. My new truck seems to only cycle when I hook up a trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread