Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quality of the blind spot cameras

Ziggy

Reaction score
Is it just me, or is everyone's blind spot cameras completely blurry? It looks someone licked the lens at the factory.

Ziggy

Reaction score
So I am guessing that no one else has blurry cameras? Mine must be defective?

Creeker

Reaction score
Definitely worse than the front and back cameras from day one. Not sure why.

jsalbre

Reaction score
When you view the front and rear cameras you’re looking at the majority of the image from the sensor. When you view the blind spot view you’re only seeing about half of what the sensor sees, stretched out to fill the screen. Remember that the side cameras that do the blind spot are also responsible for the entire side of the truck on the overhead view.

Ziggy

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies and explanations. At least I know it is not just me.

I am just amazed how little quality goes into a 100k truck. Even the spare used to be the same wheel as the rest on the truck. Now you get a basic steel wheel. I would not care except for the fact that the same truck 2 years ago was 85k. Stellantis has been stripping down a lot of amenities and charging more. Even the Tech writers are subpar. If you go into the settings>system>privacy policy, the title should read Open Source policy, and instead it says Open Course. Does anyone bother to spell check this stuff before they push it out?

phatboy64

Reaction score
I am not sure if this is the camera you guys are talking about but this is what mine looks like IMG_2525.jpeg

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
I don't have the blind spot camera, but I paid for the cargo camera and that thing looks like they sourced the camera from a flip phone. Which makes zero sense when the backup one looks clear and the cargo looks like fuzzy garbage. I'm assuming its more cost-cutting from RAM in the accessory cameras vs the govt mandated reverse ones that probably spec some level of clarity.

Ziggy

Reaction score
I don't have the blind spot camera, but I paid for the cargo camera and that thing looks like they sourced the camera from a flip phone. Which makes zero sense when the backup one looks clear and the cargo looks like fuzzy garbage. I'm assuming its more cost-cutting from RAM in the accessory cameras vs the govt mandated reverse ones that probably spec some level of clarity.
Same here and I agree. Even my 21 2500 had the same poor quality.

Users who are viewing this thread