Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PWs Using Method Wheels with Beadgrip Technology (Method 701, 702, 703, 704 etc)

PMHQ

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am stocking up on parts to be ready for my 22 whenever it gets here and I just bought some Method 704s from CJC a few weeks ago...Does anyone in the PW forum here utilize them, and how do you like them? I was curious as to how much you aired down with these with success (or failure)...From all I have read and seen, I see guys airing them down to 15 psi and not having any issues, but that was not in a PW---was a Tacoma and other import SUVs that aren't as heavy--- I really like the clean look of these wheels without having to have a bunch of bolts clamping down on my bead...I know that true bead-lock wheels offer the most safety and I understand how they work---just went with these for the clean look---If I roll a bead with these, I will buy some Trail Ready wheels---I just wanted to know your experience with the Beadgrip wheels from Method...Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Ridered67

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am stocking up on parts to be ready for my 22 whenever it gets here and I just bought some Method 704s from CJC a few weeks ago...Does anyone in the PW forum here utilize them, and how do you like them? I was curious as to how much you aired down with these with success (or failure)...From all I have read and seen, I see guys airing them down to 15 psi and not having any issues, but that was not in a PW---was a Tacoma and other import SUVs that aren't as heavy--- I really like the clean look of these wheels without having to have a bunch of bolts clamping down on my bead...I know that true bead-lock wheels offer the most safety and I understand how they work---just went with these for the clean look---If I roll a bead with these, I will buy some Trail Ready wheels---I just wanted to know your experience with the Beadgrip wheels from Method...Thanks in advance!
I dont have any personal experience but aren't method wheels just cheap, not so high quality type wheels like Rockstar etc.....for the yee yee Sema bois?

Greenhills

Reaction score
I dont have any personal experience but aren't method wheels just cheap, not so high quality type wheels like Rockstar etc.....for the yee yee Sema bois?
Method produces very high quality wheels for street, offroad and race applications.

Their products are built based on their racing heritage and experience.

GPurcell01

Reaction score
I've got the exact wheels you're looking at on my 3500. While I haven't tried airing them down yet, it was quite the ordeal getting the bead to seat with the bead grips. If it was that hard to get the tire on, I bet it'll be that hard to get them off. I bet they will work great.

Very good quality and I love the load rating.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I think you’ll be ok around 15psi. Monitor your tire pressures for the first couple trails. In my experience I’ve found myself burping air out of tires before losing beads. If you are losing air due to burping on the trail, you’re gonna lose a bead. Back when I ran non-beadlock wheels, I tried bead glue and it helped a bit with the burping, IMO.

Eventually, I got sick of losing beads every trip and went to beadlocks but I wanted to run 5psi so I was in beadlock territory

Good looking wheels. Love methods.

PMHQ

Reaction score
I think you’ll be ok around 15psi. Monitor your tire pressures for the first couple trails. In my experience I’ve found myself burping air out of tires before losing beads. If you are losing air due to burping on the trail, you’re gonna lose a bead. Back when I ran non-beadlock wheels, I tried bead glue and it helped a bit with the burping, IMO.

Eventually, I got sick of losing beads every trip and went to beadlocks but I wanted to run 5psi so I was in beadlock territory

Good looking wheels. Love methods.
I liked the clean looks, the load capacity, and the correct offset to run 37s with the least amount of interference... I am definitely not opposed to a true bead lock, but since its my daily driver, I wanted the least amount of maintenance or issues while still allowing me some safety net.... If I ever lose a bead, I will most definitely purchase some other wheels as I am sometimes 100 miles from anyone out in the desert and getting stuck could prove to be not good!

Users who are viewing this thread