Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PW wheel flares

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
So I got a bunch of construction adhesive all over the drivers side of my truck. Tried getting it off the plastic wheel flares and trim but it's being a pain and leaving marks. So am looking at replacing the noticeable ones, like the wheel flares.

I unbolted them but they still will not come off.

Anyone have any ideas on how to remove them? From looking at the parts diagram, there is a inner structure that mounts on the fender, then the flares mount to that. But I can't tell for sure how they mount, or how they come off.

Any help is appreciated.

el_barto

Reaction score
For the rears at least: There’s some screws in the wheel wells and at the bottom of the fenders, then there’s a bunch of holes in the panel that little white plastic clips go in. It’s helpful to push the clips out from the inside of the bedside if you can reach to help in removal

9F0FF561-0A6D-43C2-AA8D-12BCBC595AF6.jpeg

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Yes and it didn't work. Got some automotive goofoff and tried that with a plastic razorblade and that worksgod on the paint and smooth plastic of the wheel wells, but it doesn't work good on the textured plastic .

I filed a claim with my insurance company and they are willing to pay for new plastic along with the cleaning, cut and buff and polish of the paint.

Users who are viewing this thread