Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PW doesn’t show trailer connected

Lord muta

Reaction score
Ok I’ve been searching for an hour sorry if this has been posted before.

On my 2020 rebel when I’d tow a trailer the truck would recognize when I plugged in a trailer and it would show a notification in the cluster gauges.

On my 2022 PW when I plug in a trailer nothing. Doesn’t even know a trailer is back there. Lights work on the trailer both 4pin and 7 pin. I tried both on separate trailers. I tell it what trailer is hooked up but doesn’t count mileage etc.

Anyone know why or how to fix it.. or am I just a retard.. I mean more than I normally am.

IMG_7937.jpeg
2022 Power Wagon 18x9 bronze icon rims with +12 offset. Cooper STT PRO 325/65r18

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Does the trailer have brakes?

Lord muta

Reaction score
Does the trailer have brakes?
One does and the others did not. Brakes didn’t work. But that could be the trailer since my brother beat the hell out of it and they don’t always work

Lord muta

Reaction score
If there aren’t brakes the truck won’t recognize that a trailer is attached. Same goes for inop brakes.
ok going off of this, then something is wrong borrowed a buddies trailer that has working brakes and nothing. Didn’t see it at all everything works but nothing in the desplay center. Didn’t recognize the trailer was attached. Any other thoughts?

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
ok going off of this, then something is wrong borrowed a buddies trailer that has working brakes and nothing. Didn’t see it at all everything works but nothing in the desplay center. Didn’t recognize the trailer was attached. Any other thoughts?
Check your brake controller and the associated wire at the plug.

The truck has to see the pulse from trailer brakes to detect a trailer.

Why with the 4 pin you will never know you have a trailer.

Have someone squeeze the brake controller and check for power.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score

What do you mean nothing in the display? It won’t show a trailer attached symbol.

Did you go to the trailer page and try to use the manual trailer brakes?

Lord muta

Reaction score
What do you mean nothing in the display? It won’t show a trailer attached symbol.

Did you go to the trailer page and try to use the manual trailer brakes?
On my Rebel, it "see's" when I have ANY trailer attached. and it shows in the upper left portion of the cluster gauges. Didn't matter if it was 4 pin or 7 pin, brakes / No Brakes. Didn't care it sensed when a trailer was plugged in and tell you how long it was ~approxametly~. I'm guessing through the ground wire or through some trailer option I don't know about? On my PW it doesn't 'know' or 'sense' or 'see' any trailer being attached and I can't use the 'pages' for trailer mileage etc. not working. which is why I came here.... (the manual in the places that I have looked is not being forthcoming) and I hate going to the dealership for them to not help much. the people on the forums tend to know more than most dealerships.

Lord muta

Reaction score
IT'S ME GUYS. I'M A RETARD!! lol it's part of the BSM system Blind Spot Monitoring system... Which my Rebel has and my PW Doesn't. (I gave my Rebel to my wife so I could get the PW) I started looking at other systems in the Manual and found the item that "isn't showing up" in my Cluster Gauge cause well It's not installed. so..... Thank you All for the Knowledge and time giving me ideas etc.

Users who are viewing this thread