Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purchase price

pipusplace

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I will be going to see the power wagon on sunday and i wanted to get an idea of the out the door price and see if the dealer cut the price for anyone. Any feed back helps as i dont want to be taken for a ride. Thanks

superjoe83

Reaction score
If you are buying one off the lot I wouldn't expect the dealer to come much if any off msrp, but if you can wait for one to get built there are a few dealers across the US that will sell at invoice or below for ordered trucks

pipusplace

Reaction score
If you are buying one off the lot I wouldn't expect the dealer to come much if any off msrp, but if you can wait for one to get built there are a few dealers across the US that will sell at invoice or below for ordered trucks
Do you just order on the website or at the dealer?

RHlonghorn16

Reaction score
Do you just order on the website or at the dealer?
I built mine to exactly what I wanted on the Ram website, saved the PDF and took that into the dealer and had them enter it into their system. They tried to talk me into doing a dealer swap so they could get me into one that same week, which I turned down. Reason they push you on that is they are able to mark up inventory on hand, your essentially paying sticker plus a premium to have the vehicle now. If your willing (or can) wait to receive the vehicle I would suggest building it online and having them order it because that is the only way you are going to be able to get anything below the sticker price.

They should have you sign a purchase order that has the price of your build, save that because by the time your truck is actually built the sticker price will have gone up.

This is just my experience. I ordered a 2500 back in December and received it about two weeks ago. I think my sticker price went up $4-5k in that time period, so technically I got mine below sticker price but really what I paid was the MSRP at the time I placed the order...if that makes any sense.

waveslayer

Reaction score
I'm new here as well and I called to order my 2500. Got it below MSRP by 3,000. So if shop around. I am going to go out of state but it will give me the miles to break it in for a planned trip I need haul some things

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

BigSexy 64

Reaction score
Same here. MSRP was $70,540.00 getting it as Invoice of $65,738.00 pretty sure you cant do that with one on the lot, if you can find one!

jadmt

Reaction score
location has a lot to do with discounts. Some locations you can get decent discounts some locations are adding additional markup. It is the times we live in supply and demand.

pipusplace

Reaction score
I was just informed in a different forum that the power wagon towing capacity is under 9k lbs is this correct? I thought it was like 14k lbs?

jadmt

Reaction score
I was just informed in a different forum that the power wagon towing capacity is under 9k lbs is this correct? I thought it was like 14k lbs?
I have never seen one under 9000. everyone is different based on options. mine is 10999.67lbs I think most are in that range.

Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 8.45.24 AM.png

jadmt

Reaction score
How you get it at invoice? Whats ur secret?
there is no real secret you call and email dealers and ask if they will order one for under invoice. many do as customer ordered trucks are treated differently than ones they order..

JDOEXP

Reaction score
JD here, new to the forum, and 2500 group. I just ordered my PW two weeks ago, and like the others said, if you can wait you’ll generally get a better deal. Mine is under invoice, but I’ve also bought 3 vehicles from the same salesman so that plays into it. As for patience, they told me 4 to 5 months till I’ll get it, so that’s the trade off.

BigSexy 64

Reaction score
Same here. Just called my local dealer and asked could order and sale me one at invoice and he agreed. Guess I should or asked for under invoice!

pipusplace

Reaction score
Are all gas power wagon only tow just over 10 lbs. My main reason for getting one is i was 100% they towed about 15k lbs. Im really surprised.

ShaunM

Reaction score
It's more like 10k, due to the load capacity being about 1500lbs. Most that tow over 10k, put air bags, so they can tow up to 15k. I owned a 2019 PW loaded, which I just sold last week.

pipusplace

Reaction score
So this the truck im planning on ordering. On i was at the dealer building it and it was about 5k higher at the dealer here in San Diego. Not sure why and the guys helping us says that for some reason some stuff was higher priced at the dealer than the website. The guy said that its msrp and they dont lower but they also add the destination fee of about 1800. I called two other dealers and i straight out asked if they would lower msrp when ordering a car and they said no.
I think its going to be msrp!!! What u guys think

Screenshot_20220308-205246_Samsung Internet.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread