Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price Protection on New Order? (relative to Priced Order Confirmation)

content

Reaction score
Does anybody have recent experience with Price Protection on a new order?

I placed an order for a 2024 Mega Cab CTD Limited with a local dealer (not going to mention name yet, but they are a larger volume dealer in Las Vegas) and got a Priced Order Confirmation (POC) on 11/30/2023 with a MSRP of $98,960 and invoice of $92,639.

The truck has now arrived at the dealer and it now has a sticker MSRP of $106,670 and invoice of $100,598.

The dealer tells me they are asking the factory to honor the POC pricing and the factory is saying no.

I came across this older post that suggests the factory and dealer have an obligation to honor the Priced Order Confirmation as long as it is for the same buyer https://www.ram-trx.com/threads/price-protection-on-your-trx-order.4442/ (Thank you Zach@Granger )

Does anybody have any recent experience?

Thank you.

79 300

Reaction score
Did you put down a deposit? I ordered a 2500 in November and with the $1000 deposit they said I was price protected. Mine is still in transit but the sticker is $1000 more (base price increased) than what it was when ordered.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
My sticker price went up by almost $5K. I paid the price agreed upon at the time of ordering.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Did you put a deposit down and sign for the order and agreed upon price? That's a contract. They have to honor it.

Thisnthat

Reaction score
$8k increase n 2.5 months seems a little steep. Can you check any builds from late Nov/Dec and see if they align with the price on your POC (looking at base price only should tell most of the story)?

The first post on the '24 build thread has a copy of the POC back in June for a limited mega cab (3500) and the base MSRP is $81.4k...base MSRP on a limited 3500 mega cab on Ram's website is now $83.5k https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/2024-order-tracking-discussion.14489/ so where's the other $6-7k coming from?

Something doesn't sound right there...maybe it's legit but I'd compare the POC vs the window sticker and see where the difference really is

I've seen some say in the past that the dealer has to "check" the correct box on the order form to apply for price protection on the order while others have stated similar to what Granger says in your link above - it's all done on the back end. I wonder if it's some of both. Also wonder if they are going through the correct steps to apply for the price protection....If the bridge hasn't been burned too much I'd go down that path, how often do they claim it and has it ever been denied...

Blythkd1

Reaction score
When I ordered mine a couple years ago, it went up about $3k while it was on order. I asked about price protection and the dealer told me it's automatic. Nobody has to request it or check any boxes on the order or anything. The price just is what it is and doesn't go up.

I'd say the dealer is lying to you. I know....gasp!

jebruns

Reaction score
I ordered mine from Granger and paid a deposit. The increase in the sticker price was never even mentioned when I went up and paid the balance for it. Negotiated price was what I paid.

content

Reaction score
$8k increase n 2.5 months seems a little steep. Can you check any builds from late Nov/Dec and see if they align with the price on your POC (looking at base price only should tell most of the story)?

The first post on the '24 build thread has a copy of the POC back in June for a limited mega cab (3500) and the base MSRP is $81.4k...base MSRP on a limited 3500 mega cab on Ram's website is now $83.5k https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/2024-order-tracking-discussion.14489/ so where's the other $6-7k coming from?

Something doesn't sound right there...maybe it's legit but I'd compare the POC vs the window sticker and see where the difference really is

I've seen some say in the past that the dealer has to "check" the correct box on the order form to apply for price protection on the order while others have stated similar to what Granger says in your link above - it's all done on the back end. I wonder if it's some of both. Also wonder if they are going through the correct steps to apply for the price protection....If the bridge hasn't been burned too much I'd go down that path, how often do they claim it and has it ever been denied...
Thank you and very good insight and suggestion. The POC did have a $78,810 base MSRP, which like you say is low compared to the $81.4k and $83.5k base MSRPs. Looking back at the POC, there were also a couple of options that seemed low. Not sure why this happened. The dealer ended up being stand up and honored the price on the POC. Side benefit is that the 10% rebate on 2024's took effect while we were sorting it out and the dealer included that.

content

Reaction score
Thank you all for the feedback above. Reporting back now that that purchase is wrapped up. I did not put down a deposit or have a signed agreement. Probably good advice in the future. I had purchased from the dealer and manager before and basically trusted them. They ended up being stand up and honored the price on the POC. Side benefit is that the 10% rebate on 2024's took effect while we were sorting it out and the dealer included that.

Thisnthat

Reaction score
Thank you and very good insight and suggestion. The POC did have a $78,810 base MSRP, which like you say is low compared to the $81.4k and $83.5k base MSRPs. Looking back at the POC, there were also a couple of options that seemed low. Not sure why this happened. The dealer ended up being stand up and honored the price on the POC. Side benefit is that the 10% rebate on 2024's took effect while we were sorting it out and the dealer included that.

yeah they screwed up somewhere big time. glad to see they ended up standing by their agreement.

sounds like someone entered it as fleet/employee/retiree/president's special....something unique for the base MSRP to be $3k less than an order 5 months before.

maybe a computer "glitch"...maybe it already had the rebate built into it (this sounds more likely but not sure if that's possible)...ultimately you came out good on your end as it's still a $100k+ MSRP truck. being in vegas, go put some $$ on your lucky number :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread