Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

pkane

Mall Terrain truck owners founding member
Reaction score
I'm about to hit 1,000 miles and wanted to share my opinions aboutr options I'd ordered in the event it helps others:

I love that the headlights illuminate wherever I turn. I have no idea if this is standard or which option this came with.

I'll start with the cons as the list is shorter:

On the Fence:
Auto Rear Air Suspension:
It's pretty cool to see this work. I can't seem to figure out how I can use this to improve ride quality on a 3500.
RamBox: Limited options for hard bed covers. BAKFlip MX4 seems to be the only one that works yet have to order Silver OEM rails. Switching from Black to Silver rails will most likely forfeit the cargo tie downs.

Pass / Cons:

40/20/40
: Wish I'd ordered the 60/40 front seat. That center console is lousy in terms of function. It set's things up nicely for the 2nd row.
Mopar Front & Rear Rubber Floor Mats - Recommend if not ordering 2nd row storage. Similar to Weathertech, these are form fitted to the truck.
Navigation: The speed limit is 25 mph as I pass the sign stating 35, 45 and 55 mph. No updates available. Use Android Auto or CarPlay with Waze for the best experience.
Rambox Cargo Management System: It didn't apply to all of the pieces to organize the RamBox. Must be ordered seperately.
4 Adjustable Cargo Tie Down Hooks - Useful
Truck Bed Cargo Divider - Dud- this is just a black divder for the bed.

Sunroof: - I'd probably skip this if I had to do it all again. Ram has the acoustic dampening which is negated when the sunroof is open.

Pros, would order again:
Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Nice to have additional visibility. We lost a trailer tire just before I had a chance to get the TPMS added to the trailer.

Safety Package: I love the extra cameras, driver assistance with lane sensing, forward collision.
Adaptive Cruise Control w/Stop - Nice!
Digital Rearview Mirror - Pass
Adaptive Steering System - Nice!
Full Speed Forward Collision Warning Plus - Nice!
Lane Keep Assist - Awesome!
w/A76-inc: Auto High Beam Headlamp Control
Rain Sensitive Windwhield Wipers - Pass I may reconsider this once we get into the Northwest Rainy Season.

Hemi: I really didn't need diesel.

Bed Utility Group - MOPAR Deployable Bed Step

Towing Technology Group B:
CTR Stop Lamp w/Cargo View Camera
Mirror-Mounted Aux Reverse Lamps
Surround View Camera System
Exterior Mirrors w/Memory
Power Chrome Tow Mirrors w/Convex Spotter & Memory
Trailer Reverse Guidance
Power Adjustable Convex Aux Mirrors

Laramie Level A Equipment Group:
Mirror Mounted Aux Reverse Lamps - Nice
Rain Sensitive Windshield Wipers - Meh
Power Adjustable Pedals w/ Memory
Power Chrome Tow Mirrors with Convex Spotter & Memory
Ventilated Front Seats - Nice!
Remote Tailgate Release - Nice!
Auto High Beam Headlamp Control - Meh
Exterior Mirrors w/ Memory
2nd Row In Floor Storage Bins
Radio/Driver Seat/Mirrors/Pedals Memory

Rear window slider: This was a big hit with my family. The kids in back love having this open and no one complains about wind noise or roll that window up. I really like this for moving air through the cabin.

Bed Utility Group: The step, lights, coated bed are worth it.

RamBox: Hauling a travel trailer with WDH. The Ramboxes are REALLY nice to keep things organized and not rolling around the bed.

pguerrero693

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, is everyone financing the 2022 Ram? I normally lease my vehicles since I tend to upgrade every 3-4 years. Wasn't sure if that would affect buying under invoice or not with some of these dealers. Normally isn't an issue.

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, is everyone financing the 2022 Ram? I normally lease my vehicles since I tend to upgrade every 3-4 years. Wasn't sure if that would affect buying under invoice or not with some of these dealers. Normally isn't an issue.
There are a few dealerships that require you to finance through Chrysler in order to get their deals. Dennis Dillon being one of them. I think they only allow $10k down, the rest must be financed. Mark Dodge has no requirements on financing. Most credit unions are between .99 and 3%. Let your dealership know your rate and they may be able to beat it.

pguerrero693

Reaction score
There are a few dealerships that require you to finance through Chrysler in order to get their deals. Dennis Dillon being one of them. I think they only allow $10k down, the rest must be financed. Mark Dodge has no requirements on financing. Most credit unions are between .99 and 3%. Let your dealership know your rate and they may be able to beat it.
So Mark Dodge would allow leasing after the discount is what you're saying? Again, I enjoy leasing due to the lesser monthly payment and I normally switch vehicles after a couple years anyway

Drewborn

Reaction score
I'm about to hit 1,000 miles and wanted to share my opinions aboutr options I'd ordered in the event it helps others:

I love that the headlights illuminate wherever I turn. I have no idea if this is standard or which option this came with.

I'll start with the cons as the list is shorter:

On the Fence:
Auto Rear Air Suspension:
It's pretty cool to see this work. I can't seem to figure out how I can use this to improve ride quality on a 3500.
RamBox: Limited options for hard bed covers. BAKFlip MX4 seems to be the only one that works yet have to order Silver OEM rails. Switching from Black to Silver rails will most likely forfeit the cargo tie downs.

Pass / Cons:

40/20/40
: Wish I'd ordered the 60/40 front seat. That center console is lousy in terms of function. It set's things up nicely for the 2nd row.
Mopar Front & Rear Rubber Floor Mats - Recommend if not ordering 2nd row storage. Similar to Weathertech, these are form fitted to the truck.
Navigation: The speed limit is 25 mph as I pass the sign stating 35, 45 and 55 mph. No updates available. Use Android Auto or CarPlay with Waze for the best experience.
Rambox Cargo Management System: It didn't apply to all of the pieces to organize the RamBox. Must be ordered seperately.
4 Adjustable Cargo Tie Down Hooks - Useful
Truck Bed Cargo Divider - Dud- this is just a black divder for the bed.

Sunroof: - I'd probably skip this if I had to do it all again. Ram has the acoustic dampening which is negated when the sunroof is open.

Pros, would order again:
Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Nice to have additional visibility. We lost a trailer tire just before I had a chance to get the TPMS added to the trailer.

Safety Package: I love the extra cameras, driver assistance with lane sensing, forward collision.
Adaptive Cruise Control w/Stop - Nice!
Digital Rearview Mirror - Pass
Adaptive Steering System - Nice!
Full Speed Forward Collision Warning Plus - Nice!
Lane Keep Assist - Awesome!
w/A76-inc: Auto High Beam Headlamp Control
Rain Sensitive Windwhield Wipers - Pass I may reconsider this once we get into the Northwest Rainy Season.

Hemi: I really didn't need diesel.

Bed Utility Group - MOPAR Deployable Bed Step

Towing Technology Group B:
CTR Stop Lamp w/Cargo View Camera
Mirror-Mounted Aux Reverse Lamps
Surround View Camera System
Exterior Mirrors w/Memory
Power Chrome Tow Mirrors w/Convex Spotter & Memory
Trailer Reverse Guidance

Laramie Level A Equipment Group:
Mirror Mounted Aux Reverse Lamps - Nice
Rain Sensitive Windshield Wipers - Meh
Power Adjustable Pedals w/ Memory
Power Chrome Tow Mirrors with Convex Spotter & Memory
Ventilated Front Seats - Nice!
Remote Tailgate Release - Nice!
Auto High Beam Headlamp Control - Meh
Exterior Mirrors w/ Memory
2nd Row In Floor Storage Bins
Radio/Driver Seat/Mirrors/Pedals Memory

Rear window slider: This was a big hit with my family. The kids in back love having this open and no one complains about wind noise or roll that window up. I really like this for moving air through the cabin.

Bed Utility Group: The step, lights, coated bed are worth it.

RamBox: Hauling a travel trailer with WDH. The Ramboxes are REALLY nice to keep things organized and not rolling around the bed.
Thank you. I am debating about the air suspension vs the safety package

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

AFAIK, only the Limited/Limited Longhorn comes with directional projector lamps.

I think what you're seeing is the fog lights that turn on with angle change and/or turn signal when traveling under 20MPH.

Last edited:

Lary0071

Reaction score
AFAIK, only the Limited comes with directional projector lamps.

I think what you're seeing is the fog lights that turn on with angle change and/or turn signal when traveling under 20MPH.
Yes, and if your like me and the fog switch is on all of the time, you will not see this.

I once had the fogs off in my 2019 and was shocked to see the effect, you don't realize how well the led fogs project light out to the sides.

The limited (and maybe the Limited Longhorn? ) have the actual 20 degree of motion lighting where the actual headlight fixture turns.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, and if your like me and the fog switch is on all of the time, you will not see this.

I once had the fogs off in my 2019 and was shocked to see the effect, you don't realize how well the led fogs project light out to the sides.

The limited (and maybe the Limited Longhorn? ) have the actual 20 degree of motion lighting where the actual headlight fixture turns.

Limited/Limited Longhorn are identically optioned except for the colors/seating filigree, barnwood and badging.

ardvark666

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Affiliate Rewards to order a Ram? I am looking to trade in my 2019 2500 hemi on a 3500 hemi. I love the 2500 but I really want to option one myself.

b307a1

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Affiliate Rewards to order a Ram? I am looking to trade in my 2019 2500 hemi on a 3500 hemi. I love the 2500 but I really want to option one myself.
Every one of the vehicles on my signature line were purchased using the Affiliates program . All of them with the exception of the 2006 and 2019 were ordered. I currently have a 2022 chassis cab on order and will be using the Affiliates program.

Last edited:

Poor man's PW

Reaction score
Every one of the vehicles on my signature line were purchased using the Affiliates program . All of them with the exception of the 2006 and 2019 were ordered. I currently have a 2022 chassis cab on order and will be using the Affiliates program.
Some regions aren't accepting or have put on hold the Affiliate program I'm assuming due to shortage of vehicles. I guess it all depends.

Lary0071

Reaction score
Some regions aren't accepting or have put on hold the Affiliate program I'm assuming due to shortage of vehicles. I guess it all depends.
We lost the affiliates reward program and instead are getting a $500 voucher as a consolation prize..... I'm going to use that voucher and the PenFed $1000 to be at $1500 under invoice on my 2022 order. It's the best I can do....

gimmie11s

Reaction score
We lost the affiliates reward program and instead are getting a $500 voucher as a consolation prize..... I'm going to use that voucher and the PenFed $1000 to be at $1500 under invoice on my 2022 order. It's the best I can do....

Dont think they'll let you do that as both incentives are the same type of perk and cannot be stacked. Pick the bigger of the two.

dgrover75

Reaction score
Any dealers & known sales people willing to go under invoice in Texas? I'm located in Austin, Texas & no one seems to want to budge out here. Might need to make the drive to Louisiana.
I found the same thing here (north Austin). Contacted several of the dealers and just ordered from Covert CJDR off 183 in Austin for invoice. Most around the area want MSRP even on orders. Covert gave me a decent deal on my trade and with invoice price saves me on tax and travel so I'm happy with it.

ardvark666

Reaction score
I’m going to look today and they said that they will give me a trade offer on my 2019 2500 big horn. I’m in the NY/NJ area, Anyone recommend a site for trade value? KBB is like 53k. True car is 47k. It’s a big horn level 2 w less than 15k miles on it. Should I hold fast on 50k?

DougB

Reaction score
I found the same thing here (north Austin). Contacted several of the dealers and just ordered from Covert CJDR off 183 in Austin for invoice. Most around the area want MSRP even on orders. Covert gave me a decent deal on my trade and with invoice price saves me on tax and travel so I'm happy with it.
Good to hear Covert sold at Invoice. A salesman told me the same when I was in there a month ago.

FYI - Mark Dodge in Lake Charles will deliver for free within 250mi which means they would come to Brenham or maybe even Giddings.

mcarey

Reaction score
I’m going to look today and they said that they will give me a trade offer on my 2019 2500 big horn. I’m in the NY/NJ area, Anyone recommend a site for trade value? KBB is like 53k. True car is 47k. It’s a big horn level 2 w less than 15k miles on it. Should I hold fast on 50k?
I'd check Carmax, Carvana, Vroom, and every other one of those types of sites as well.

ardvark666

Reaction score
I'd check Carmax, Carvana, Vroom, and every other one of those types of sites as well.
So that went not well. They are willing to go 1% below invoice per the affiliate program but then offered me 44k for my truck which is worth minimum 48k. They came up to 45k and I walked out. Time to go to another dealer. My truck has 11,000 miles on it. I get that they are in it to make money but they would easily make 7-8k on that trade alone. Not taking into account the fact that 1% below invoice is no where near normal. I paid 6% below in 2019. At least meet me in the middle.

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
So that went not well. They are willing to go 1% below invoice per the affiliate program but then offered me 44k for my truck which is worth minimum 48k. They came up to 45k and I walked out. Time to go to another dealer. My truck has 11,000 miles on it. I get that they are in it to make money but they would easily make 7-8k on that trade alone. Not taking into account the fact that 1% below invoice is no where near normal. I paid 6% below in 2019. At least meet me in the middle.
Have you tried to private party it? I think Mark Dodge also does a 90 day trade in according to some posts in this thread

ardvark666

Reaction score
Have you tried to private party it? I think Mark Dodge also does a 90 day trade in according to some posts in this thread
I need it to tow my 5th wheel so I can’t sell it until I get a new one. I’d try to sell it privately but I prefer to get an offer I can live with from the dealer as a backup. Lowballing me that much is a non starter. I won’t agree to bad terms at this point. I don’t owe much on it but business is business.

Users who are viewing this thread