Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

werard

Reaction score
2021 CC 4x4 HO Laramie

MSRP 78085

Price 68400

Less PenFed 1000

67400 plus Tax License Doc Fee $150

~11.4% before PenFed

dragon_ram

Reaction score
Folks, FCA has a group buy discount of 6% below invoice on factory orders. This is the way to go. Yes, you have to finance some amount through Chrysler Capital with its god-awful rates but the deal is you only have to make 3 payments, I think, and then you can dump it. Either pay it off or re-fi it with whomever.

If your dealer won’t show you the build sheet with the FWP (fleet wholesale price) on it then stop talking to them. On these HD Rams, how they price especially in the higher trim packages, FWP minus 6% is going to be in the ballpark of $10k below sticker. I’ve done this twice now. It’s a lot.

If you’re buying off the lot, that’s different. You‘re going to pay a serious premium to have a vehicle TODAY. That’s just how that game rolls. But if you have time and patience, orders are the way to go. My 2 cents. Good luck!

Here is a build sheet, so you’ll know what it looks like. It’s the same at any dealership in the USA and probably even Canada too.
6% under invoice or MSRP, to be clear? And how would an individual go about getting the “group” buy discount, or are you proposing forum members get together for a group buy? That could very well work… I tried to get a dealer to deal with a buddy and me buying 2 trucks a couple years ago but they weren’t offering anything “on top” of what we could get alone.

mcarey

Reaction score
Folks, FCA has a group buy discount of 6% below invoice on factory orders. This is the way to go. Yes, you have to finance some amount through Chrysler Capital with its god-awful rates but the deal is you only have to make 3 payments, I think, and then you can dump it. Either pay it off or re-fi it with whomever.

If your dealer won’t show you the build sheet with the FWP (fleet wholesale price) on it then stop talking to them. On these HD Rams, how they price especially in the higher trim packages, FWP minus 6% is going to be in the ballpark of $10k below sticker. I’ve done this twice now. It’s a lot.

If you’re buying off the lot, that’s different. You‘re going to pay a serious premium to have a vehicle TODAY. That’s just how that game rolls. But if you have time and patience, orders are the way to go. My 2 cents. Good luck!

Here is a build sheet, so you’ll know what it looks like. It’s the same at any dealership in the USA and probably even Canada too.
That sounds about ballpark price that I got out of Bud Clary when I ordered. The dealer in Louisiana was within like 175 of that price too.

My sticker was 72 and change, and my price was 62 and change, pre incentives and ttl.

Wonder if that's how they were doing it.

Last edited:

camp10

Reaction score
2022 Megacab 3500 HO 4x4 Laramie - MSRP $73,135

Bud Clary $66,375

Mark Dodge $65,194

Both Gary (at Bud Clary) and Sandi (at Mark Dodge) were great to deal with. I signed paperwork with Mark Dodge yesterday. I was looking forward to purchaing from a dealer in the Pacific northwest, and enjoying the drive home to Central California, but the price savings with Mark Dodge was too good to pass up even factoring shipping costs.

wolfpack

Reaction score
6% under invoice or MSRP, to be clear? And how would an individual go about getting the “group” buy discount, or are you proposing forum members get together for a group buy?
I think “group buy” is just the name of the program. That’s how it was explained to me. I bought as an individual. Maybe there’s some “grouping” that gets done between dealerships or something along those lines but I’m not sure.

Point is they can get you these trucks at FWP less 6%. Probably not every dealer is willing to. I’ve had that experience plenty of times. Local guys wouldn’t touch the price, said it wasn’t true or just plain stopped talking to me. I’ve seen it all. Part of the game.

wolfpack

Reaction score
That sounds about ballpark price that I got out of Bud Clary when I ordered. The dealer in Louisiana was within like 175 of that price too.

My sticker was 72 and change, and my price was 62 and change, pre incentives and ttl.

Wonder if that's how they were doing it.
Sure sounds like it.

dragon_ram

Reaction score
2022 Megacab 3500 HO 4x4 Laramie - MSRP $73,135

Bud Clary $66,375

Mark Dodge $65,194

Both Gary (at Bud Clary) and Sandi (at Mark Dodge) were great to deal with. I signed paperwork with Mark Dodge yesterday. I was looking forward to purchaing from a dealer in the Pacific northwest, and enjoying the drive home to Central California, but the price savings with Mark Dodge was too good to pass up even factoring shipping costs.
What options did you get? I’ve the same base truck but with SO and MSRP was up at 77…

camp10

Reaction score
What options did you get? I’ve the same base truck but with SO and MSRP was up at 77…
I ordered a very basic Laramie, I plan on adding extras like tires, bedliner, running boards, etc. after delivery.

Options: LED bed lights, clearance lamps, Level A Equipment Group, aux switches, floor mats, protection group

Attachments

• LARAMIE BUILD ORDER.jpg
    LARAMIE BUILD ORDER.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 56

pguerrero693

Reaction score
Any dealers & known sales people willing to go under invoice in Texas? I'm located in Austin, Texas & no one seems to want to budge out here. Might need to make the drive to Louisiana.

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Any dealers & known sales people willing to go under invoice in Texas? I'm located in Austin, Texas & no one seems to want to budge out here. Might need to make the drive to Louisiana.
I wanna say that Allen Samuels in Waco would go around invoice. Maybe reach out to them.

RichM752

Reaction score
Just call Mark Dodge and be done with it.
Order exactly what you want and get he best price.
Louisiana aint that far.

pguerrero693

Reaction score
Just call Mark Dodge and be done with it.
Order exactly what you want and get he best price.
Louisiana aint that far.
Yeah that's what I'm seeing from these threads. Just spoke with Sandi and sent her my build. What's the average deduction off invoice at Mark Dodge?

Myfast70

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I'm seeing from these threads. Just spoke with Sandi and sent her my build. What's the average deduction off invoice at Mark Dodge?

You definitely can't go wrong dealing with Sandi, she has been nothing short of amazing to deal with! I wish every car buying experience is like what they have provided so far and by the sounds of it the follow up after purchase is great too. Such a bummer that so many people cannot deal with local thieves and have to resort to going out of state

mwalsh9152

Reaction score
Call Mark Dodge. They will deliver for free within 250 miles, you're about 300ish, so they might deliver to your door for short money.

RichM752

Reaction score
I ended up with 14.25% off msrp from Mark Dodge.

Drewborn

Reaction score

Father in law lives in NC about a half an hour away. Who do you recommend to work with at this dealership?

Users who are viewing this thread