Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

nocp4here

Reaction score
2021 Mega Cab 2500 Laramie level 1 CTD
MSRP:$73100
Price before tax and title including dealer fees $64436 unfortunately no rebates on heavy duty’s. Still happy with it.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Ordered a '21 3500 Big Horn HO Cummins from Philip Olson at Bud Clary in washington. MSRP $76,005. Invoice $71,061. Got it for $64,000. About 16% under msrp, 8% under invoice. Highly recommend Philip. Just gotta ship it to Indiana, quotes I have average about $1100. Still way cheaper than local.

This is a crazy deal compared to what is out here in SoCal. I just emailed Philip with the truck i "built" on the Ram website. If he can get close to 12k off MSRP ill be flying up to WA soon!

greasemonkey3406

Reaction score
Trade in prices are insane right now. Got offered $58k plus tax for my 2016 Laramie 6.7 from a dealer in New Brunswick. Seriously considering ordering a 2021 2500 Limited 6.4.

Scooter29

Reaction score
Working with Phillip right now on ordering my 21 3500 Laramie Mega Cab CTD MSRP about $74500 and sale price of $65500. I also have a trade that they are giving a good value for. Bud Clary dodge is actually my local ram dealer. He was able to order the same truck I almost bought at another dealer for $6000 less. For the money I’m saving I was able to go from a 2500 big horn to a 3500 Laramie.

Sasquatch

Reaction score
This is a crazy deal compared to what is out here in SoCal. I just emailed Philip with the truck i "built" on the Ram website. If he can get close to 12k off MSRP ill be flying up to WA soon!
That's what I did. Live in San Diego and flying up to Seattle to take delivery. Phillip's a good dude. Hope you can get the deal, I got about 13% off MSRP and 6.6% off Invoice before any rebates or incentives. A full $12k savings vs. MSRP on a heavy duty might be tough before incentives, but hope you get it. Most buyers getting 5-6% below true invoice (and no dealer junk fees) seems to be about the max I've seen over the past couple of months. 1500's a whole different ball game.....

Sasquatch

Reaction score
Working with Phillip right now on ordering my 21 3500 Laramie Mega Cab CTD MSRP about $74500 and sale price of $65500. I also have a trade that they are giving a good value for. Bud Clary dodge is actually my local ram dealer. He was able to order the same truck I almost bought at another dealer for $6000 less. For the money I’m saving I was able to go from a 2500 big horn to a 3500 Laramie.
Ha! You're lucky. My local dealer wasn't willing to discount anything on a factory order.

Scooter29

Reaction score
Ha! You're lucky. My local dealer wasn't willing to discount anything on a factory order.
They weren’t offering the deal I’m getting now with the old salesman I talked to there last year. But I’m glad this stop sale happened on the 6.7 now because it halted my deal with a dealer 30 min away where I thought I was getting a deal and allowed me to find this and get a great deal. For $1000 more out the door I went from buying a 2500 bighorn at another dealer to ordering a 3500 Laramie.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
That's what I did. Live in San Diego and flying up to Seattle to take delivery. Phillip's a good dude. Hope you can get the deal, I got about 13% off MSRP and 6.6% off Invoice before any rebates or incentives. A full $12k savings vs. MSRP on a heavy duty might be tough before incentives, but hope you get it. Most buyers getting 5-6% below true invoice (and no dealer junk fees) seems to be about the max I've seen over the past couple of months. 1500's a whole different ball game.....

Very cool! Very similar situations, you and I. Did you finance through Phil, pay cash, or secure financing on your own?

Also, did you pay CA taxes during your transaction or are you paying the taxes on your own once you register in CA?

Scooter29

Reaction score
I am so lucky, I am about 30 min away from Phil, and 4 h from Spokane/10 h from Boise. :)
I’m with ya, I’m about 10min away! So nice to now be able to drive down the street to the dealer. Although I would drive the couple hours like others to score the deal if I had to.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Placed an order last night with Phillip Olsen up in WA at Bud Clary Dodge. Amazing experience thus far. He is as transparent as a sheet of glass.

I ordered a Mega cab dually Laramie night edition truck exactly to my spec (obviously) so we are super excited about it. MSRP was $80,7xx and he is selling the truck for just over $70k before taxes and tags. Im sure you guys know this, but these figures he is quoting are below employee pricing which ends up being about 6.2% under invoice and over 12% off of MSRP. I'd imagine the discounts are larger on more expensive vehicles so keep that in mind. His pricing allowed me to buy "more truck" vs what i was looking at down south here in CA.

Anyone interested in ordering their own MUST get in contact with this man. He is the real deal (no pun intended haha). I am told the build time is 60-75 days as of now.

Cant wait to book a one-way plane ticket to Seattle!

Last edited:

just James

Reaction score
Placed an order last night with Phillip Olsen up in WA at Bud Clary Dodge. Amazing experience thus far. He is as transparent as a sheet of glass.

I ordered a Mega cab dually Laramie night edition truck exactly to my spec (obviously) so we are super excited about it. MSRP was $80,7xx and he is selling the truck to me for just over $70k before taxes and tags. I could not be more excited.

Anyone interested in ordering their own MUST get in contact with this man. He is the real deal (no pun intended haha). I am told the build time is 60-75 days as of now.

I'll second that!
I ordered through Phillip in mid February, and it looks like mine will be arriving in 2-3 weeks.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
I'll second that!
I ordered through Phillip in mid February, and it looks like mine will be arriving in 2-3 weeks.

Where are you getting your updates from? Is there an FCA website where we can track progress?

just James

Reaction score
Where are you getting your updates from? Is there an FCA website where we can track progress?
There is a thread dealing with this a little ways below this thread. I have been getting my updates mainly through Phillip, though I try to not bug him too much. He will probably have your VIN# for you in a few days.

Sasquatch

Reaction score
Very cool! Very similar situations, you and I. Did you finance through Phil, pay cash, or secure financing on your own?

Also, did you pay CA taxes during your transaction or are you paying the taxes on your own once you register in CA?
Likely financing through Phil - he apparently works with a few lenders and looks to be competitive on rate. I had a loan lined up through local credit union but they are unable to finance out of state transaction. I think Phil's rate will be the same or better, or at least that's what I'm hoping. I haven't purchased truck yet (ordered 2/15, just got build sheet yesterday) but my understanding is that you pay CA taxes at time of purchase and then get temporary WA tags for $15 to get you into CA, where you then need to register the truck. I think you might need to $mog it and have it weighed before DMV will register, but not yet 100% sure.

Sasquatch

Reaction score

I ordered a Mega cab dually Laramie night edition truck exactly to my spec (obviously) so we are super excited about it. MSRP was $80,7xx and he is selling the truck for just over $70k before taxes and tags. Im sure you guys know this, but these figures he is quoting are below employee pricing which ends up being about 6.2% under invoice and over 12% off of MSRP. I'd imagine the discounts are larger on more expensive vehicles so keep that in mind. His pricing allowed me to buy "more truck" vs what i was looking at down south here in CA.

100% agree. Ordered my 2500 2/15/21 and just got the build sheet 3/31/21. Philip has been very transparent through the entire process.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Likely financing through Phil - he apparently works with a few lenders and looks to be competitive on rate. I had a loan lined up through local credit union but they are unable to finance out of state transaction. I think Phil's rate will be the same or better, or at least that's what I'm hoping. I haven't purchased truck yet (ordered 2/15, just got build sheet yesterday) but my understanding is that you pay CA taxes at time of purchase and then get temporary WA tags for $15 to get you into CA, where you then need to register the truck. I think you might need to $mog it and have it weighed before DMV will register, but not yet 100% sure.

I talked to Phil between my question to you and your answer above. He says the buying experience for us CA guys will be exactly like purchasing in CA. He will hadnle all of the DMV and taxes. SOunds like there wont be any smog (new vehicle) or weighing needed. Hope that's true!

He told me the same about his abilities to find competitive financing. I plan to give him a shot.

100% agree. Ordered my 2500 2/15/21 and just got the build sheet 3/31/21. Philip has been very transparent through the entire process.

When did you get your VIN? Also.. what exactly is the build sheet? Sorry for the dumb questions! This is my first time special ordering a new vehicle.

RichM752

Reaction score
I talked to Phil between my question to you and your answer above. He says the buying experience for us CA guys will be exactly like purchasing in CA. He will hadnle all of the DMV and taxes. SOunds like there wont be any smog (new vehicle) or weighing needed. Hope that's true!

He told me the same about his abilities to find competitive financing. I plan to give him a shot.

When did you get your VIN? Also.. what exactly is the build sheet? Sorry for the dumb questions! This is my first time special ordering a new vehicle.
From my experience, bringing a vehicle into California from another state you will be required to have the vehicle smog certified.

Users who are viewing this thread