Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Milburn221

Reaction score
Just purchased a leftover 2020 Tradesman level 2 crew cab 4wd with the 6.4. MSRP was $47,263. Purchased it for $39,500. May not be the best deal in the world but pretty good for the current market. I'm in Central, GA

b307a1

Reaction score
Just purchased a leftover 2020 Tradesman level 2 crew cab 4wd with the 6.4. MSRP was $47,263. Purchased it for $39,500. May not be the best deal in the world but pretty good for the current market. I'm in Central, GA
Congrats!....... and don't forget the pics.

RichM752

Reaction score
58,343 which is 8% off msrp plus incentives/rebates at time of delivery. I know not the best deal, but the best I managed to date, asn I've been actively working at it for weeks.
So I call the dealer today and tell him I'm willing to accept the 58,343 and what ever rebates/incentives at time of delivery, and have a deposit check in hand ready to deliver. And could you please include a set of Mopar floor mats for no charge. The salesman says, " I'll ask the boss". He call back a few hours later and says, "the boss said we can't do the floor mats, we are not making anything on the deal as it is."
I've managed to get a set of floor mats for every car and truck I've purchased since the early 90's
Not making anything on the deal? Really?

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
So I call the dealer today and tell him I'm willing to accept the 58,343 and what ever rebates/incentives at time of delivery, and have a deposit check in hand ready to deliver. And could you please include a set of Mopar floor mats for no charge. The salesman says, " I'll ask the boss". He call back a few hours later and says, "the boss said we can't do the floor mats, we are not making anything on the deal as it is."
I've managed to get a set of floor mats for every car and truck I've purchased since the early 90's
Not making anything on the deal? Really?
I would walk on the floor mats. I have done it.

Eatonpcat

Reaction score

Sounds like the best deal in the world to me, you should be very satisfied with that deal...Doing the math in my head, that is at least 16% off

jgildy22

Reaction score
I recently got a great offer from Dennis Dillon in Idaho. This is for a custom build Ram 3500 SRW Night Edition and all the bells and whistles.

MSRP- $83,500
Dennis Dillon Price- $73,550
That is before any factory rebates at the time of delivery. The only things that concern me are:
1. They require finance through their dealership. Not sure of the rate but probably high. They state that I must keep the financing for 6 months to keep $2k of the dealer rebate. Probably not in the fine print that I MUST keep it financed but never know.
2. They want a $3-5k non refundable deposit to be placed when I order to ensure I take delivery of the vehicle. I understand having a good faith deposit placed but 3-5k seems steep. Especially since I would pay that amount and then wait 3 months to receive the truck. Thoughts?

Ostracize

Reaction score
I recently got a great offer from Dennis Dillon in Idaho. This is for a custom build Ram 3500 SRW Night Edition and all the bells and whistles.

MSRP- $83,500
That is before any factory rebates at the time of delivery. The only things that concern me are:
1. They require finance through their dealership. Not sure of the rate but probably high. They state that I must keep the financing for 6 months to keep $2k of the dealer rebate. Probably not in the fine print that I MUST keep it financed but never know.
2. They want a $3-5k non refundable deposit to be placed when I order to ensure I take delivery of the vehicle. I understand having a good faith deposit placed but 3-5k seems steep. Especially since I would pay that amount and then wait 3 months to receive the truck. Thoughts?
I agree the deposit is a bit steep.
12% on a build how you want it isn't a bad deal IMHO
The "must" keep it financed should be reworded as... (Clears throat) "we would greatly appreciate it cause if you don't then we could get charged back from fca for the rebate amount but can't enforce anything regarding you refinancing soo.. Pleeease."

The1adman

Reaction score

MSRP- $83,500
I also got a quote from Dennis Dillon. While the price was good, I did not like the deposit amount or required 6 months of finance. Getting those specifics was also a little difficult to. While I think their price is hard to beat. when you factor in the additional cost of finance and time and travel (at least for me). I would rather pay $500-$1000 more for a stress free no BS sale. Dennis Dillon didn't used to be like they are now, when I worked with them in years past they were much more upfront and a reasonable deposit.

DougB

Reaction score

MSRP- $83,500
1. Finance through their list of banks or can you finance thru Chrysler Capital? Chrysler Capital is running 0% for 36mo at the moment for deliveries by Feb-1. They may have similar options when your truck arrives. The 6mo lock would have to be in the fine print for it to be binding. You'd have to weight how much interest you would pay in that 6 months vs the $2k rebate. Also, how much are they requiring you to finance? I've financed a vehicle to get the rebate and then paid it off within a month or two. Had to pay some interest but with no penalty to pay off early, it was well worth the hassle.

2. I would not do a non-refundable deposit. They would have no problem selling that truck if you backed out. From what I've read on this site, $500 refundable seems reasonable. If anything negative financially happened to you while waiting for the truck, losing that $3-5k would add insult to injury, IMO.

Your build sounds awfully similar to what I am looking at. Would you PM me your build info?

Nevadadrifter

Reaction score
One more thing to be cautious of regarding Dennis Dillon, particularly if you are coming into a purchase with a sizable down payment.
I haven’t been able to confirm this with my salesperson directly, but several previous buyers on Facebook have warned me that Dennis Dillon will not let you place more than $10k down on a purchase.
As mentioned above, many have also suggested that you can refinance with another lender or local credit union (typically for the same or even better APR) as soon as your first payment is made.
I would also suggest reaching out to Peterson Dodge, also in the Boise area.

Levi8599

Reaction score
Got a 2020 Laramie 2500 in august

msrp $71675
Before tax and title I was around right around $62k.

Attachments

• 579B55D4-32C3-4F7B-8C7E-CC031585C623.png
    579B55D4-32C3-4F7B-8C7E-CC031585C623.png
    923.5 KB · Views: 35

Jankyl29

Reaction score
Wow, some of you guys are getting amazing deals.....kind of making me feel like I should have tried harder....I went to 3 dealers, all gave me the same thing of "family friends" price. My truck still isn't here, so i haven't closed yet but before I ordered i was told my price, minus incentives at the time...my Msrp comes to $60205 and FFP is 55,981....so im only about $4200 off before incentives if any...EP is $53,847...
My $1500 expires 2/17, truck is supposed to be stateside 1/18 per dealer.
If I can get a better price, great . If not, oh well, its hard enough to find a 3500 HO in SRW in my price range, and i still look frequently

Woodall83

Reaction score
I am just starting the ordering process now, my build and price MSRP is $64,125. So far the 3 dealers I have gotten quotes from are at 59,770, 57,643, and 60,451. When you add back in tax and tags they are barely under MSRP. Not impressed. One dealer told me "selling you a 2500 at invoice is doing you a favor".

Eatonpcat

Reaction score
I am just starting the ordering process now, my build and price MSRP is $64,125. So far the 3 dealers I have gotten quotes from are at 59,770, 57,643, and 60,451. When you add back in tax and tags they are barely under MSRP. Not impressed. One dealer told me "selling you a 2500 at invoice is doing you a favor".

I would work on the dealer that gave you the lowest price, they will all come down more I think.

abillerbeck

Reaction score
On 11/20/2020 I ordered a 2500 Laramie CCLB 4x4 6.4L with MSRP of $66,120. Negotiated price is $60,965 minus any rebates available when it finally arrives (hopefully at least the $1,500 bonus cash offer). I found that asking dealers for the Costco rate was the quickest way to get the price down... but my experience was much like RichM752, I asked for floor mats or window tint to be thrown in to sweeten the deal a bit and the response was "we're not making anything on this deal, nothing will be thrown in". Unfortunately I think that's the nature of the beast with these custom orders, they aren't compelled to make any deals because it's no skin off their back if you don't make the purchase unlike with inventory that's sitting on their lot costing them money.

DougB

Reaction score
$57,643 is 10.1% off MSRP. On the low end of the 10-12% off MSRP (pre TTL + fees +incentives) guideline floated around here but still reasonable discount. Seems getting close to 12% or more is rare but still possible. Try broadening your search radius if you can.

Users who are viewing this thread