Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premium overhead console swap issues - help ?

dmhines

Reaction score
I wanted to add a tailgate button to my Truck so purchased a Premium Overhead console. My tradesan had the LIN BUS harness installed since it had the Uconnect Services buttons.

Here is what works:

Interior LIghts come on when Door Opens
Map lights go on/off on when buttons pushed.
TailGate Drop works.
The indicator lights come on in the ON/OFF switches
The uconnect services button works

What doesn't work:

The ON / OFF button to control the inteior lights ..

I found the wiring diagram for the connector from jimmy07 and all wires are in correct location except no sunroof wiring in my harness. Seems like the LINBUS does control all the lighting.

seems the interior lights should be controllable if they work with door open and close and not the buttons. They also come on when door unlocks via FOB so it must be BCM controlled.

IMG_7124.JPGIMG_7125.JPGIMG_7126.JPGIMG_7129.jpeg

Last edited:

dmhines

Reaction score
Figured it out .. all working now .. in ALFAODB there was a setting for Overhead console Type .. Base or Premium .. I switched to Premium and now all the buttons working ..

Last edited:

boomer_rich

Reaction score
Nice! Got a part # to the premium overhead console? Interested in doing this as well

Last edited:

dmhines

Reaction score
Nice! Got a part # to the premium overhead console? Interested in doing this as well
Best to just find one on eBay with the color and buttons you need. That’s what I did. Paid $70 for mine. I don’t have a part number.

Bill_Sos

Reaction score
How hard would it be to add a USB port to an overhead console for a dashcam? Eliminate the hanging wire.

dmhines

Reaction score
I assume the map lights have constant power to tap into. Or the rear slider harness should have power to tap into.

Users who are viewing this thread