Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Powerwagon Height at the XM Antenna

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
I just put my Powerwagon order in this week and I'm excited to get it! Now the waiting game.

I noticed when I test drove one that the XM antenna (that black shark fin looking thing) on top of the cab sticks up fairly well. The truck dimensions online seem to indicate 81in tall for the truck. However, I'm betting that's only to the cab roof. Anyone able to grab a tape measure and let me know what it is to that antenna (which I'm assuming is the highest point on the truck)? I have 83in to clear the garage, so I was already sweating going 35s. I'm hoping that antenna doesn't relegate it to driveway parking.

Thanks in advance!

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
Your fine. Mine is on 37's and fits under 7' clearances.
Whew. Glad to hear it. I saw that thing sticking up and was hoping it wouldn't be a case of no garage parking over a 1in difference.

ClawSS

Reaction score
Not a PW, but my Mega Hemi (measured at the bottom edge of a level on top of the sharkfin to the ground) on Falken 37's and a Thuren 2" front and 1" rear. Height sits at 7' 4" exactly. My estimate is that a stock or leveled PW is just shy of that.

It fits my home garage fine but close.

As an FYI....I look for 8' clearance in downtown parking structures just to be safe in regards to low hanging pipes or misplaced archways as I need to swing wide on the 90deg. turns when navigating. Leave it to some nimrod to put a freaking speedbump right at a crossmember or waterpipe installation.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Make sure you have enough room for the length as well.
Unfortunately for me, I have an older house with a small garage, so both of my trucks are too long.
New garage I'm building will be enlarged so they both fit.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Make sure you have enough room for the length as well.
Unfortunately for me, I have an older house with a small garage, so both of my trucks are too long.
New garage I'm building will be enlarged so they both fit.
It amazes me on how small most garages are when i was looking at houses almost every single garage i saw was so short i was looking at adding a minimum of 2 rows of blocks just to park my 01 3500 in them let alone my truck was too long! I decided to buy a house without a garage so i could build one the Size i actually want! I have a large lot and plenty of room for the 36x50 garage

DrTron

Reaction score
I, too, measured my garage before ordering. I have pretty much exactly 7' clearance, so that should work, even with 35's.
I know I'm going to love the power mirrors, though. My current 1500 has the towing mirrors, but they're manual. Every time I go in or out of the garage, I have to flip the driver's side mirror in, otherwise I wouldn't fit through the garage door...

Trail_Wagon

Reaction score
My truck on factory suspension and 37" Nittos is Right at 84 3/4" (~7' 1") I cannot fit into the standard residential 7' garage.

Colorado PW

Reaction score
Just got my 2022 PW a month ago, live on a gravel road and haven’t gotten a car wash since purchase because the car washes in town limit to 7’, and I just barely clip every hanging tube pulling in. Haven’t actually measured yet, but it’s gotta be close to 7’1” stock.

DrTron

Reaction score
Just got my 2022 PW a month ago, live on a gravel road and haven’t gotten a car wash since purchase because the car washes in town limit to 7’, and I just barely clip every hanging tube pulling in. Haven’t actually measured yet, but it’s gotta be close to 7’1” stock.
Oops. I hope it will fit through my 7'-garage door. I went with the factory specs by RAM when I ordered, which state the height at 80.9". Add an inch for 35" tires, it shouldn't be above 82" or 6'10".
I guess I'll see on Friday when I pick it up and then again when I get the tires mounted. But going with 45 psi may account for half an inch or so...

RIDEaCANYON

Reaction score
My 22 PW with upgrades listed in signature squeaks through the 7' door but then really puckers the seat when it comes to I-beam thats common to every stupid suburbian home here in PGH. My build has been focused on being able to back into garage in the winter to thaw/clean the truck after pulling the sled trailer in the winter. It's actually why I went with 315/70R17's (34.41") vs the 35x12.5's (34.76"). I'll get an exact measurement on the beam in a bit but boy is it close. 37's are definitely not an option in my situation.truck garage.jpg

Attachments

• truck garage 2.jpg
    truck garage 2.jpg
    641.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Cook 3.jpg
    Cook 3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19

DrTron

Reaction score
My garage doesn't have a beam, but the 22 PW on 35's fits rather easily under the 7' door. Maybe 1-1.5" clearance.
Was a bit worried there...

Users who are viewing this thread