Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Wagon Tonneau Cover

wyvern

Reaction score
Hi gents. Anyone have a recommendation for a good strong waterproof tonneau cover for the power wagon? My bakflip hard fold leaked so bad I sold it. Just trying to keep gear from the elements.

Soapy

Reaction score
Every cover will leak to some extent. I know a local shop that has been doing covers for years and they say that a soft fold cover or a soft one with velcro along the sides tend to be the driest. I have a Bak X2 Revolver cover and I think it seals as well as any I have had, soft or Hard. The revolver lock mechanism pulls the whole thing down along the side when in use so I think it gets a better seal that a trifold that only clamps down in a few spots.

Iowagon

Reaction score
Do you have ram boxes? My neighbor has a Diamondback on his F-150 and claims it doesn't leak. My Diamondback leaks at the corners of the tailgate but I think that's because of how it mounts inside the bed because of the ram boxes.

wyvern

Reaction score
Do you have ram boxes? My neighbor has a Diamondback on his F-150 and claims it doesn't leak. My Diamondback leaks at the corners of the tailgate but I think that's because of how it mounts inside the bed because of the ram boxes.
I do not have ram boxes. The Diamondback HD looks cool, but it feels like you're giving up a lot of bed versatility?

MtnRider

Reaction score
Like mentioned, every fold back, roll back, flip back etc type cover is going to leak some. I've had several and they all leak a little. I think the only way to get a true waterproof cover is one that is a solid raise up design?

wyvern

Reaction score
trust me, I've had a bunch and they never leaked like the bakflip. I actually had them replace it under warranty and then reinstalled it again only for the same bulkhead corner leak to reoccur by the drain tubes.

I'd like something ideally theft deterring but would prioritize keeping gear dry over a harder cover. Maybe velcro/soft rolling is the move then based on comments here?

rjmlakota

Reaction score
I have a 2023 PW with ramboxes and the Diamondback HD. I just bought this tailgate sealer kit and will be installing the next time the weather is above 55. I'm hoping this stops the leaks. I do not get any leaks with my Diamondback HD. My bed leaks from the design of the ramboxes and tailgate.

DrTron

Reaction score
I have a MX4 (with Ramboxes) and it's the same as the previous ones. No leaks in normal conditions, but of course, when it pours or in the car wash, I get a little water in there. Like others have said, part of the design.
But it's never enough that stuff in the bed would be drenched or anything.

Pasta4lnch

Reaction score
fwiw I'm on my second Truxedo Centry CT and, while they didn't exactly leak - I still got water in and I think it was from the gaps by the tailgate - nothing to do w the cover. I thought this would be a huge PITA but I bought bins and anytime I travel w stuff I dont want to get wet I just throw it in a bin, usually uncovered as the water just pools at the bottom (including electronics and luggage). It's actually kinda better. Organization and I put string around them and tied to ties at the tailgate so I can pull anything out that slides up without having to hop in. (laziness is the Mother of invention!! :p )

Soapy

Reaction score
My BAK is a roll up hard cover that rolls up on top of the bed not into a pocket mounted in the bed. I do get very little leaking with it.

Last edited:

wyvern

Reaction score
I have an Access from Agri-cover and love it. It's a rollup style and the only time I see water is near the tailgate after a car wash.
I feel like this is my best bet until I feel like spending bigger amounts of cash on stuff for a dedicated camping setup.

wyvern

Reaction score
Crazy how waterproof this cover is. Drove through some crazy storms and two car washes and it’s bone dry back in the bed.

Attachments

• IMG_9049.jpeg
    IMG_9049.jpeg
    507.2 KB · Views: 29

Docwagon1776

Reaction score
I've used multiple Tonno-Pro tri-folds. As long as you use the supplied tailgate gasket and clamp it down tight, little to no water infiltrates into the bed. The downside is the stitching wears out over the years, but they will warrantee it once it gets bad enough the vinyl starts to come loose.

wyvern

Reaction score
Hey @Wobly, does your Access have any of the excess tensioned vinyl material chilling out along the bulkhead area or did you tuck that small excess into the bed?

Users who are viewing this thread